jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (25 posts)

Have you ever done a "Random Act of Kindness"

1. 0
    woolman60posted 6 years ago

Have you ever done a random act of kindness for someone that you know or some you do not know.

1. Karney profile image59
      Karneyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, A few days before my birthday, I was heading back into town, and off to the side of the road was a young couple looking down on their luck, and short of money and food.
      I pulled off to the side, and gave them what remaining chinese food I had left over that I had barely touched. Not only that, I stopped at the local grocery store and picked up an assortment of foods and water. I went back to the place where they were, In tears, not out of pity, but this is God's love and calling. I Did this for the pure joy of giving. They thanked me of course a hundred times over, I didn't do it for the praises, I did because their situation had struck a personal chord and I felt COMPELLED to act!
      I have never felt so closer to God then when I did that day.

That's what life is all about.

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes. all the time. and i see lots of people doing nice things for strangers so i don't think they are as random as we think.

which is good to know.

3. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Any human being should. But if you do it and announce it I think it does not count. Things I do are anonymous and I choose to keep them that way. If you do something and let everybody know you are stroking your ego , and making sure everyone knows what a great person you are ! A real act of charity is done without fanfare !

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Double-checked if I was your fan. I am smile

2. travelespresso profile image83
        travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hear, hear.  I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments.

2. PackSecure profile image59
    PackSecureposted 6 years ago

I try to do acts of kindness everyday already, so just mark me down for daily.  smile

3. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

A random act of kindness isn't something you sit back and think about. It just comes naturally.

4. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

A man collapsed on a bus, and I gave him cpr, and I got a couple of girls out of a burning kitchen, but nearly cacked myself afterwards with fear! but this was years ago, and I am not sure If i would have the nerve to do it again.

5. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

I don't know if this counts but I do stop and change tires hoping that if and when my wife needs help someone will stop and change hers.smile

6. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Pretty sure this is illegal. But I walked down the beach sidewalk and put change into the meters for people that were about to get tickets.

1. KeithTax profile image79
      KeithTaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too bad we live in a country where an act of kindness could be considered a crime. Next thing you know you will get arrested for taking the keys from a drunk.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Many times.

Sneako, that certainly counts!!

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Habee you're the best!smile

8. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

My wife says her act of kindness is staying married to me.  Not sure how to take that!  ;-)

9. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 6 years ago

Lol these are all great. I try to being kind every day. Recently I bought a stranger a baby gift to cheer her up.It was a new mom that was having premature labor. That felt good. I love to do stuff like that.

10. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Yep! All the time. Plenty of chances to help wherever I go, and I am OK with that.

11. H.C Porter profile image84
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I try to as often as possible. If nothing else- I will offer a smile, perhaps a compliment-to lift their spirit, and offer a helping hand.

12. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

When I can, where I can.  Do a lot of door-holding for folks--minimal effort, high reward ratio.

Got kind of startled / shocked once last summer when money was super-tight and a total stranger at the gas station palmed ME fifteen bucks!  But maybe my giving him the opportunity to give was a gift in itself.

See?  I can rationalize anything!  lol

13. flread45 profile image83
    flread45posted 6 years ago

I give people along the highway food and money all the time.

14. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Yes, quite a bit. wink big_smile

15. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Yep, quite often.

16. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

When ever possible.  Today, it was digging trees and shrubs for a neighbor and a friend.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I remember at work some poor guy was $2 short on something he really needed for a school assignment so I dug in my bag and paid the difference.

17. raisingme profile image88
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

I love doing random acts of kindness - fastest way to bring my mood level up that I know of is to do something that assists or uplifts another.  Even wrote a hub about it.  Love it and love being on the receiving end of them too.