jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Pro diamond ads on a "Conflict Diamond" hub? How or what should I do?

1. SummerSteward profile image60
    SummerStewardposted 7 years ago

Alright, so I have a hub and it's about blood diamonds.. however the google ads are all in favor of buying diamonds? Is there anything I can do? Any advice would be appreciated!

1. Faybe Bay profile image85
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd submit to pingler, and give it time. Google can take 48 hours or more to notice a new hub.

SummerStewardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

pingler?

1. Faybe Bay profile image85
          Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah just google search and select blogs and pings, then you don't have to join, just title, your hub link and select category submit, it goes to 92 sites at the same time.

sweet! Thanks for the Ping!! haha.. I never knew!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Actually what Faybe suggested isn't going to do anything to resolve the issue you have of a anti-blood diamond Hub getting diamond sales ads from Google.

AdSense looks at what's going to be the most profitable type of ad to serve to a Hub based on the content and subject matter.  It sadly can't tell an anti-something from a pro-something.  AdSense just does what has the most potential for profit.

You can enter specifics into your competitive ad filter to block the diamond sales URLs, but those will only work for the 60% of the time when your affiliate ID is associated with the Hubs.

What I ended up doing worked, the "suggested tags" that I allowed where things like "jewelry, diamond pendants" ect.. I removed those and shortly after the ads seemed better attuned to my artical. I'll take your advice as well.. Thank you!

3. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

I don't think there would be any 'anti-diamond' or 'blood diamond' ads. So, the best course would be to show no ads at all on this hub (of course, if you are OK with a non-commercial hub). You can adjust the ad settings for your hub to "none", and select 'non-commercial' from the drop down menu.

Your right, there are no "anti-diamond" ads, however there are ads for labmade diamonds and Canadian mined diamonds.. Though not ideal, providing alternatives is a compromise..

1. SiddSingh profile image61
        SiddSinghposted 7 years ago in reply to this

OK, there is another possible way - make this hub non-commercial, so there would be no ads - conflicting or otherwise. In this hub, also include a paragraph about alternatives to blood diamonds, and then write a separate hub about the synthetic diamonds, and link to it.

That way, you might get better targeted ads on the second hub, and readers who have read your first hub would be more interested in them.

4. Jerry G2 profile image82
    Jerry G2posted 7 years ago

Another possible option would be to add a section in the very beginning in support of something like synthetic diamonds or other types of fake diamonds - basically alternatives to the real thing that don't have the politics and tragedy tied to them.  My guess would be that there are probably several ads for these types of diamonds, which don't have any association with blood diamonds at all.  Just a thought.

5. SummerSteward profile image60
    SummerStewardposted 7 years ago

alright.. I took your suggestions, and posted my new hub. Thank you all for your feedback!!

working