jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What about Cutting and Pasting your OWN work from another site?

1. DJ Funktual profile image85
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

Do I lose points in hubscore if my lists are cut & pasted from previously published stuff on my other blog site?

It is still my original work but I won't have to type it again!
    Does hubpages know to check to see if it was YOU that you copied from?

1. goldendragon profile image61
      goldendragonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You might lose points in your hub score because of duplicated content.  Check How Hub Score Works?. You will know what I mean.  HubPage.com should have some capability to check the duplicated content.  I am not sure how strong is the ability.

Actually, your hub score is not that important.  Rest of world don't know or care about that.  If you do want to make some money from Adsense, Google and other major SEs is very stringent about the duplicated content issue.  Your copied content will not rank high SEs.  That means you are going to make little or no money from Adsense.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You will have a lower HubScore if you use any duplicate content whether it's your own content or not.

2. johnr54 profile image71
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

I think people are missing the point on duplicate content.  It's not some arbitrary hurdle that the Hubpages folks thought up to keep people from cranking out content as quickly as possible.  The rules for Hub submissions are written to ensure that the search engines (read Google) will consider content on Hub to be unique quality content, and will rank well in the search engines.  In some ways it is simply to protect the authors from themselves.  I'm sure that drives not only the duplicate content rules, but the number and types of outbound links as well.  I assume it's why longer articles are get higher hub scores as well.

So, if you were to somehow mask some duplicate content (BTW, the easiest way to do that would be to submit it to Hubpages first and then put it on your own site or another content sharing site) it will eventually get filtered by the search engines, and only one will rank.  Probably the last thing you want is to have you Hubpages outranking your own site for the content on your site.  It's a great way to kill your own site.

Bottom line, just rewrite it.  If you are the original author of something like a 400 word article, to revise it shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.  Get in the habit of writing two versions of your articles, and then run them through copyscape.com

1. DJ Funktual profile image85
      DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot