jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

social bookmarking- copy/paste

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

Okay, I have read about the duplicate content in FAQ, and in the forums. Here's what I am confused about....

Is it best practice to completely change the wording of a hub's summary when posting to social bookmarking sites? Or is it okay to copy paste and rearrange a little? I am not talking about meeting the minimum requirements for not getting penalties. I am talking about what is really best to do. I want my hubs and other postings to stay fairly close in wording.

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

There is no duplicate content penalty while submitting on social networks. Think about it, if there is any then I can copy paste whole hubs of yours to social network to get you out of competition.lol. There is no penalty.

Write small para to attract visitors. There is no problem with copying first para while submitting story to social bookmarking site.If you're promoting on your own then write the way you like. When it comes to readers promoting your stuff on social network you can't control what they write while bookmarking your hub.

1. Jule Romans profile image88
      Jule Romansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, you are right. That makes sense! smile

2. chinweike profile image49
      chinweikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very thoughtful point. I used to think there could be penalty so i try to write a new summary for every social bookmark i make.
      Thanks for the smart reasonning.