jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Analytics Confusion

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

I have an idea about what Analytics is and does to help individuals discover how to improve a hub and monetize it. my confusion is in signing up for it. Google says the account is free. yet in reading, I found out about an IQ test which costs $50. Does one have to take an Analytics course and then the IQ test? Also, I am already with Google as I have a Gmail account. When I go to Analytics there is a Sign Up on the Home Page. When I click it,I start to go around in circles.The browser is Google so Google should not be giving me the run around.Or are my browsers confused? I have the Google toolbar.

1. livelonger profile image91
      livelongerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ignore anything about a $50 IQ test. It's completely unrelated to Google Analytics.

To sign up, go to:
      (It's free)

2. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

Don't overlook the analytics provided right here on HubPages, though.  It's not as thorough as Google analytics, but it's convenient.

Also, you might check out a site called Traffic Travis.  (just google it)

You can download a FREE analytic tool.  Personally, I really like it.  It helps me improve my hubs, whereas Google Analytic tools help me before I write the hub (like with keyword choices, etc)

Good luck!

3. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

Thanks Lynda Gray and livelonger.

4. kowality profile image60
    kowalityposted 6 years ago

Hey there Hubbers. Is anyone using Budurl to track their views from other sites like FB and Twitter. I am finding huge discrepancies between the numbers in my Hub back office and the views my budurl tracking system is showing.
    I tweeted my most recent hub and budurl tracked 86 views. My Hubpages back office said only 8 views. Any opinions?

Thank You Johnny