jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Post formating

1. blackjava profile image53
    blackjavaposted 8 years ago

Why is the formatting in the text modules so terrible. Also, why not allow html?

2. caspar profile image83
    casparposted 8 years ago

In what way do you mean terrible?  There is not much choice in the formatting, you can't use colours or wacky font styles, but that keeps everything looking uniform and neat IMO.

3. blackjava profile image53

Some of my posts come out double spaced. Others have a smaller font. Not sure how I should be posting. Generally I will copy and paste from a text editor. Is there any specific format that should be used?

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

There are formatting options built into the text capsule.  If you reformat using that, you'll get rid of the (nasty) formatting that is coming over with your cut-n-paste.

5. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

If you click "edit" on the text capsule there is a drop-down box for formats.

If it says "preformatted" that means HubPages software isn't going to apply any format to it - the result is usually awful if you leave it that way.

Select "paragraph" for body text, and "heading 2" for subheadings like the ones on each capsule.

6. blackjava profile image53

With a little playing around I finally figured how to get it formatted properly.

7. Bike Web Guy profile image61
    Bike Web Guyposted 8 years ago

This is helpful
    Thanks Inspire Pub and Relache

My two Cents