jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

A hub challenge!

1. 0
    sandra rinckposted 6 years ago

Here is my proposal for a new hub challenge which is The Perception of Beauty.

I think that the perception of beauty has become so superficial that we (mostly woman, so I think) have a very distorted 'ideal' of what really makes us beautiful.

Starting tomorrow, I will give into my own 30 day hub challenge and challenge the rest of you who want to participate to do 30 self reflecting hubs on what a 'perfected image' is and should be and what we are told is beautiful and how it translates into our daily activities.

1. drej2522 profile image87
      drej2522posted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm..I like the idea but I do have a lot on my plate. Plus, I've never done 30 hubs, period...let alone in one month!

How about if I do half of the amount? 15 self reflecting hubs on what a perfect image should be? (shrugs)

or maybe I'll just do 15 such hubs anyway and not participate in the challenge. tongue

2. 0
    sandra rinckposted 6 years ago

I see no takers. sad

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sandra! I would like to take part in the challenge but my hands are full, I just joined the 60 days challenge!

1. 0
        sandra rinckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah, well at least I am thankfully that I wasn't completely ignored. big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
          prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good to see you around Sndra, lots of challenge st HP at the moment, maybe others are busy,

1. sunforged profile image65
            sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

speaking of which PDH - first intro hub is published

@Sandra - Ill certainly cheer you on! Ive tried single hubs on the topic of commercial influence on the perception of beauty and self esteem - there is a really good movie/docu that cam out last year

1. 0
              sandra rinckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What was the name of the movie?

1. sunforged profile image65
                sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if i remembered I would have listed it! .. i meant to come back and tell you...now i will look it up

its AMERICA The Beautiful ( i did remember, just didnt believe myself)

working