jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Creating Links

1. scarlton profile image71
    scarltonposted 7 years ago

As someone who is very computer illiterate about many aspects of how the entire thing works. I just want advice on the best ways to get links (and which type links are best). Just put it in a "linking for dummies" type description so I can see if what I have been doing is useful to my hubs. Thanks!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The best backlinks are the ones that come from pages written around the same topic as your hub.

These might help you:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Backlinks-FAQs

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Easy-Free-Backlinks

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There are two ways to create links on HubPages:

1) Inside the text capsule, there is a link icon on the toolbar. First you need to copy to your clipboard the website address that you want linked. Then, inside the text capsule, you click on the link icon, then insert (paste) the website address that you want linked. Save the changes, and you are done.

2) Create a new link capsule for your article. It goes to the bottom of your hub, so use the up arrow to move it to where you want it to go, usually just above the comments capsule.

Again, you will need to copy the website address that you want linked. Then open the link capsule, insert the website address (URL), modify settings if needed. Save the changes, and you are done.

Method (1) is often good for creating easily accessible links within the body text of your hubs. Method (2) is often best for creating multiple links beneath the body text of your hub.

3. scarlton profile image71
      scarltonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the advice and the links.  I also like the ease of anything that is copy and paste. Thank you both again!

4. vox vocis profile image90
      vox vocisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Type BACKLINKS into the search box here on Hubpages and read some of the hubs specifically on this topic. They are very helpful. Also, many hubbers are signed up for other social network sites like SheToldMe.com, Xomba.com, StumbleUpon.com, Redgage.com etc. By typing these words into the search box, find out how this sites can help you to backlink and learn from the experience of other hubbers! It worked out for most of us!

working