I just completed my 500th hub!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 55 discussions (73 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

This was a personal goal for me, and I just finished #500. Now I'm going to try to do the yucky stuff like backlinks and promoting the hubs in other ways.

The writing comes easy for me, and I love it - I just don't like the other parts! I know I have to do it, though, if I want traffic.

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW Habee- 500 hubs!! That's awesome. Congrats and you will have fun doing your linking and marketing!!

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You go girl!!! That is a lot of writing but you certainly have earned your title! big_smile

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HOORAY, CONGRATULATIONS HABEE!

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

holy smokes habee!!!! thats freakin' awesome!!

5. gramarye profile image60
      gramaryeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee, that's fantastic. However, I don't envy you backlinking them all. I've been working on backlinking 46, and I find it takes me about one day per site. Tried to do a spreadsheet to keep track of where I'd been and what I'd done, but it seemed to make it all that much harder. All the best, and with 500 in 10 months, you should find it just a new focus (its fun to watch the outcomes, and you do see changes!)

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I does sound daunting.  I was thinking about doing one or two sites at a time, and do it for one hub grouping at a time.  I might start with my food/recipe hub group, or music hub group.  Practice on them, then move on to some of my groups more near and dear.

6. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow good for you! I'm closing in on 200 - the point where I've also decided to do some decent SEO....where SEO of course stands for SimeyC Eats Oranges! or SimeyC Explodes Overtly!

7. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done Habee!  I knew you could do it! big_smile

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

WOOHOO! That is great habee...now hold it at 500 and let me catch up. Might take a few years but I'll get there lol

3. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

http://www.debsphotographs.com/uploaded_images/09aug-jump-765415.jpg

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, pals! Ohma - that looks kinda like my granddaughters' room!

1. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mine too

5. profile image0

Hey I wanna jump on my bed! I never got the chance when I was little sad lol

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Go ahead, Crazd! Just be careful - my daughter broke her collar bone doing that when she was a kid!

1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ouch, I split my head open when I was jumping on my bed as a kid, always bounce with caution. sad

Many congrats with the hubs habee, 500 wow! smile I was pleased I'm nearly at 50! lol

7. profile image0

oooo owie owie owie your poor daughter! and yea I don't dare...I wouldn't just hurt myself but would probably end up killing myself lol

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

So very happy for you habee! That is a shipload of hubs! lol

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, Dorsi! Hi, Earnest! Hi, Julianna!

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee congratulations! That is a lot of work, plus your web site and everything else you do. I don't know how you got 500 hubs! This is amazing!

10. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Wow-- you are a busy (HA)bee!  Wish I could pop hubs out like you do. We-- most of us-- are in awe. Great job!

11. charanjeet kaur profile image59
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Habeeeee wohooooooo from me as well, wow that is a great number to beat. Great job and congrats!!!

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Faye, I'm impressed that you know about my website! You must have seen the link on my profile page. I'm constantly adding to it and my fishing blog. Some days I'm not sure which end is up! lol

13. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks heaps, Rochelle and charanjeet! My head is so full of crap that it just flows out! lol

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how you did it, in 10 months, you must never sleep! And then the medical, and the tests! Habee you are superwoman, Wonder Woman!

14. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! Well done - you go girl!
    http://www.free-animations.co.uk/birds/images/bird_parrot_4.gif

15. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Wow, nice! Congratulations! Time for some well-deserved rest I'd say! sad

16. DanPowers profile image47
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

Wow, well done! I have made it to 100, maybe 500 is my next target.

17. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Is 500 Hubs even legal? Congratulations on a big, big milestone. Try to stay out of jail!

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Niteriter, if they toss me in the slammer, will you bring me a cake with a file in it??

18. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Habee, 500 is a truly awesome amount of hubs - I've only done about 86 in the same amount of time!

19. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Congratulations HABEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get One Trophy for every 100 Hubs!!!!!!!! smile wink

You get One Dancer for every 100 Hubs!!!!!!!! smile wink

20. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Wow! 500 hubs! That's one heck of an achievement. Congrats habee!

21. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

This is fantastic! Congratulations, and i hope to see you reaching many more milestones.

22. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Great Job Habee!  take time to celebrate your acheivement!

23. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, guys! And Ray, thanks for the dancing men!

24. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, Justine. I love you, girlfriend! Hang in there.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks. smile

25. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Holy Moley Holle!! THat's outstanding.  I average 16 hubs a month, so I should be at 500 in another 2 years.  I felt kinda burned out after 28 contest hubs in 28 days. I'm really slow I guess.

I've vowed to prioritize backlinks and promoting over new content for a while.  At least philosophically, I totally get sunforged's 60 day hub challenge. 

I've printed up a stack of his hubs, and some additional info on bookmarking sites from enlightenedsoul.  My plan pretty much starts here, with sunforged: 

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Website-Tra … -earn-from

What's your strategy?

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rose Mary, I'm working on backlinks, and I now have my own website and my own fishing blog.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful support!!

What's your strategy/plan for backlinks?  Are you using the sites sunforged recommends? (If you don't mind me asking?)

26. liswilliams profile image41
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

that's awesome Habee! it's fantastic when you love writing and don't worry all the backlinks and admin will pay off smile

27. jayjay40 profile image66
    jayjay40posted 14 years ago

I stand in awe, Well done and keep up the good work

28. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

not much i can say that hasnt been said already but habee you did an amazing job! keep it up girl ..

29. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Brilliant work Habee...I know no one as hard working as you!!! Do remember to celebrate with a day at the spa now... wink

30. fastfreta profile image76
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

WOW! WOW! WOW! 500!  CONGRATULATIONS!  WHAT A FEAT!  WHEN I GET TO 100 I'LL LET OUT SUCH A WHOOP, WHOOP, THAT IT'LL BE HEARD AROUND THE WORLD. LOL!  smile smile smile smile smile smile

31. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Well done Habee, that's a lorra Hubs:

Sprinkle some of that Hub Magic on me. lol.
    Best Wishes. smile

http://assets.freeprintable.com/images/item/thumb/tinkerbell-sprinkling-magic-dust.gif

32. _cheryl_ profile image84
    _cheryl_posted 14 years ago

Awesome habee! Congrats!! That's a lot of work...smile

33. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Damn, that's a great accomplishment!

34. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

habee way to go what an accomplishment! Here's to 500 more huh? lol

35. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 14 years ago

I'm having a brain freeze lately..
    Congrats on your accomplishments!!
    501 is awesome..
    smile

36. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I'm using some of those. I also contribute to a few blogs when I find one that matches one of my hubs. any advice for me?

BTW, I just had my highest adsense day today - ever!!

Just what I said before.  sunforged is my 'go to' source.  I can relate to how he explains things, and I think he is respectful in answering questions.  I have a "sunforged" bookmark folder.  I also have folders for Mark Knowles, Lizzie, darkside, and will probably start a ryankett folder. 

I'd also recommend peeping in on the 60 Day Challenge folks from time to time, especially during the 2nd phase, promotion. 

I had a better than average day today.  I had my best day in March, a $7+ day!  That's way more than an average day.

37. browsed profile image56
    browsedposted 14 years ago

Congrats

38. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

you go girl! congrats!

39. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 14 years ago

Congrats habee!  The best part about your 500 hubs is that they are interesting and quality too!  I enjoy reading them and it's clear that you put time and thought into them.

40. Money Glitch profile image61
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

That is just mind-blowing!http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0002.gif   Awesome!  Congratulations, Habee! You go girl!

41. andromida profile image55
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Well Done smile

42. lovelypaper profile image59
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

Awsome achievement! Congrats, Habee! I'm just setting my goal for 100 at a time.

43. samboiam profile image61
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

That is awesome. That is good news. You are a wonderful writer and you make HP an enjoyable experience.

44. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

Wonderful news Habee.  You go girl!!!

45. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

WTG Habee!!!

http://www.photorepetto.com/Beer/01-CHEERS.jpg

46. Supatrupa profile image61
    Supatrupaposted 14 years ago

wow thats impressive.. I struggled to write my first one and you've reached a milestone! You should write a hub titled "how to write 500 hubs"

Congrats wink

47. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

congrats...what a buffet all those recipes would make smile

48. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 14 years ago

i am so impressed, i have mananged one so far! well done!

49. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Congratulations habee. To achieve this in such a short while (10 months), is highly commendable. Well done.
    Visited your holiday websites. Nice.
    Where do you get all the energy from? smile

50. Boomer60 profile image60
    Boomer60posted 14 years ago

Habee, You go girl! Over 500 hubs in 10 months is unbelievable. You deserve a huge pat on the back. I'll definitely be following you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)