jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Different HP accounts

1. Your Knowledge profile image56
    Your Knowledgeposted 7 years ago

Hi, this is Ru-an smile I created this new account but im still ignorant as to why it is good to have different accounts. I know darkside does this. Maybe if he is around he can enlighten me? Anyone can answer of course. Thanks.

1. AEvans profile image68
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can use one for commercial purposes and one to be yourself quite a few of us have two accounts however we only promote our main one leaving the other on the back burner that is only used for other purposes.smile

2. 1974 profile image50
    1974posted 7 years ago

There are a few different reasons for different accounts.

1) Some people prefer to have niche specific accounts for various reasons

2) A high profile Hubber may not want to expose their good niches and create a second account to limit the copy catting and niche saturation

3) Multiple accounts could be used for self commenting

4) A second account could also be used to promote things that aren't so AdSense frindly

I'm sure there are more reasons, but this should at least get you thinking.

EDIT: oh yeah, and according to HP terms regarding multiple accounts, they would like you to use just one account for forum posting.

Your Knowledgeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thanks for that. Commenting is that important that people would do self commenting?

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
        Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is especially useful for trolls to be able to back themselves up while making idiotic statements and causing strife on the site.  Why HP allows this is yet another well kept secret.

I suppose only using one account for forum posting is merely a suggestion rather than a requirement.  Mores the pity!

Lol wow thats crazy.

Anyway id still like to post in the forum with different accounts maybe, cos i suppose it helps keep hubscore up.

3. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 7 years ago

I have two accounts. I put different types of hubs in them.

This account has money and affiliate sales oriented hubs (so lots of product hubs)

The other is more how-to's and editorials. It's a nice way of separating and would make it easier for a person interested in my hubs to find another one they'd like.

Yeah this is the direction im thinking in. One account for sales and for info and knowledge. Makes it easier for your followers and for people to find you.

1. adrienne2 profile image80
        adrienne2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is a great post.  I have been around here 2 years and never thought about having a different accounts.  It does makes sense 1 for sales, and 1 for info.  Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome!

4. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
    Obscurely Diverseposted 7 years ago

Different accounts are good if you have multiple niches, goals, and/or personalities.  Ha-ha!

1. ruanz3 profile image62
      ruanz3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lmao!

2. Obscure Divine profile image54
      Obscure Divineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, tell 'em Mr. Obscurely Diverse; Ha-ha!

working