jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Hub content spun from the internet?

1. 0
    WildIrisposted 6 years ago

Do you think that a fellow Hubber that publishes over seven Hub a day three or four times a week uses and article spinner?  How do you know?

I watch the more prolific writers here on HubPages and none of them publish this much.

What do you think?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if I have time I can make four in a day, quality hubs, but I target only four hours a day for computer time, so I can make up to two most, commenting, reading, writing and visiting other sites. these I do while hearing news from CNN. Quality hubs is good and that will make people, read your hubs!

spinner, never thought of it before!

1. tobey100 profile image61
        tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here.  I usually write as many as 10 during the week off-line.  I edit them down and usually post them as hubs one or two days a week.  I have done as many as four a day but only after a couple of weeks of writing and editing.

2. SimeyC profile image86
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmmmmmm. One of the pieces of advice that I've been picking up on Hubpages and other writing sites,  is to post a main article on Hubpages, and then create backlinks by posting similar articles with a link to the Hubpage article on the other sites.

Now essentially this is manual 'spinning' of my own original content and it would take me about the same time to 'spin' a new article out of the original content.

If I were to use a 'spinner' to do the same thing would that be wrong? or is manually spinning wrong??!!

I currently don't 'spin' articles,  but I have written two separate and unique reviews on books on different sites - it's not spinning, even though the review is obviously going to be similar - is it?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

It doesn't matter how many hubs a person creates in one day or several days. What does it matter to you?

Many people, who call them professional marketers, use article spinners, ask Misha, he knows more about them, if that helps. smile

1. 0
      WildIrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

" What does it matter to you?"

I was under the impression that HubPages valued original content and not internet spun articles.

Just curious how one could be so prolific and produce original, quality writing in short-order time.

3. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 6 years ago

Internet spinner? What's that?

It doesn't really matter what or how many you publish in a day, as long as it is original and quality content.

Recently i have published 8 in 2 days, but i've noticed some new hubbers writing more and what they've written is not quality or even original content! Their hubs are very very short aswel!

Anyone can publish as many as they want.

I'm not really sure what internet spinner does?

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Article spinning software enables you to create multiple, slightly different copies of an article. This is accomplished by coding in synonyms for some words, rewriting some sentences. Once this has been done, the software will start "spinning" these keywords, creating new combinations, outputting as many as 1,000 new articles.

The purpose is to make it difficult for search engines and article directories to spot these articles as identical. So a writer can publish the same article (but spun to make it slightly altered) in many different places across the internet, without having search engines catch it as being a duplicate.

The value of such software is debated, some think it is worthless and unethical, others see the commercial advantages.

1. 0
        WildIrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your response.  My point is not the number of articles one publishes in a day but how it is possible to both produce a large quantity of article and remain original.

Is it ethical to spin articles?   Should one spin articles written for HubPages and submit them to other sites such as E-zine?

I don't expect an answer. I was just wondering about this. 

4. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

One thing is for sure when you publish lot of content,you'll leave margin for error(typos/grammar etc). Good thing is that we can edit hub and make improvements any time we wish. And i do that often. So all we need to do is create content, get critics, improve.

I don't prefer spinners at all,i'm human and i prefer to do mistakes.

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Those are some interesting questions, so let me volunteer an answer anyway:

- It is not unethical to spin articles you have written yourself;

- However, the manner in which such articles can be (and often are being) used can be unethical. Many professional writers hate article spinning software, which they say clutter the internet with worthless contents;

- Ezine makes it clear that they expect original content. Obviously, spinning a hub does not make for original content, so this would probably be unprofessional;

Whatever one has to say about article spinning, one thing must be clear: It never adds anything of value - often just the opposite - and, as such, contributes nothing to the readers.

6. jGaunt profile image41
    jGauntposted 6 years ago

Some people hire writers. They have many articles on their own sites and other sites like Hubpages. The idea being to manipulate search engine rankings. This could be the case with this guy.