jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Problem Getting URL trackers to work

1. BaliMermaid profile image59
    BaliMermaidposted 8 years ago

If I go to the Link to this page at the bottom of my hub, and copy the link, when I go to share --> stumbleupon then it links back to the Link to this page and not to the hub.

If I do the share --> stumbleupon then it links ago but without the tracker url and I get no credit for the impressions.

Help please !

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

It has been suggested by at least one staff member of HubPages HQ to not use URL trackers when submitting hubs to social bookmarking sites.

1. mroconnell profile image84
      mroconnellposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Is it bad that I've already made a link like this?  For some reason it worked when I tried.

1. darkside profile image84
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It would depend where.

If it's once, don't sweat it.

The problem is if people start cross promoting the same hub, and there's multiple URL's all leading to the same destination. That's when it's going to get messy.

Also some sites need the URL to resolve properly. So if the destination isn't the URL being submitted, they're not allowed.

3. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

You will get credit for Adsense impressions on your Hub no matter where the traffic comes from.

The URL tracker is just to get credit for new Hubbers who sign up after being invited to HubPages by you.

4. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Consider adding your referral links anywhere you can, not in a spammy way, just where you can direct others to your hub pages, maybe you are part of groups at yahoo or google, place them there, or maybe you have a blog about your hubs subject, place them there, the more you add them to relevant content and relevant sites the better for you.