How long have you been out of high school?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (48 posts)
  1. ChristinaScibona profile image71
    ChristinaScibonaposted 14 years ago

Well, my 10 year class reunion is coming up next month so it made me wonder how long has everyone been out of high school? Would you go back if you could?

1. DonnaCSmith profile image83
      DonnaCSmithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am from the class of 65, so we are celebrating our 45th reunion this summer.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

My 10 year will be next yaer and I am draggin my hubby to it lol so yea 9 years out from HS for me

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I'll answer your latter question first- I have would not go back to school, even if I could.

I have been out of school, since I graduated- Class of 1986.

So, as you can see, I have been out of school for some 20+ years.

Interesting question to post. Thank you. smile

1. ChristinaScibona profile image71
      ChristinaScibonaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was only 5 smile

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

much longer tha 10 yrs. big_smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

same here...

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

More than 36 years. We have gone to our reunions but theres a bunch of old people there. They keep asking my wife why she hasn't killed me yet! Thats very rude!big_smile

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

this is just a somewhat sneaky way to find out how old we are, isn't it?  well, I refuse to be suckered into it.  not that my age is so important or such a secret - its just the principal of the thing.  and if you wanted to know you could've just asked "how old are you" cuz you all sound like old farts!

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  , mega1

All I'll say is :   Whoa - I've NEVER, EVER, want to go back!!  (and my high-school years were actually pretty good by a lot of people's standards   smile  It's just being that age I'd never want to be again.  )

2. ChristinaScibona profile image71
      ChristinaScibonaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Mega~ I'm outed! Damn....*off to think of a different way to get Mega to declaire her age* ")

I think I heard that mega has been out of school for 13 years.  wink   I've been out of dancing school since longer than one score and seven years ago.   wink

2. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess I was a bit over the top with that - like anyone really cares that I'm so over the hill, the hill has been washed away by all the water that's gone under the bridge - sigh.  I loved high school, most of it, and would go back there.  I DO go back there in my dreams, but they turn into nightmares where I cannot find the right classroom, or I look down and my skirt is missing!
        hmm

♫♪♫♪
        (sings loudly)  we shall over come um um, we SHALL over come um um! we shall overcome some day ay ay ay aaaaaaay!

Oh.... I don't think you were over the top at all.    If it makes you feel any better....      (sings not-so-loudly, and ever-so-melodically) "Slow down, you're movin' too fast. ....   Da da da da, feellin' groovy...."   (Of course, keep in mind I was a few years away from graduation.   hmm  )

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I have forgotten and no I will not go back. I had to walk 10 miles in a blizzard once to get there, I kept going in circles and then my horse spared me. :p

8. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

38 years...

9. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

Class of 76.  That was...uh...a while back.

10. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Thirty-four years!!!!!!

We have our 35th reunion next fall.

1. profile image0
      woolman60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Class of 1978, i don't have enough toes or fingers to count that far back.

11. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

10 months. Class of '09.

12. ChristinaScibona profile image71

Well there is quite a year difference between us all...I would not go back to high school...the memories are enough for me...although there are some periods that I would like to re-do knowing what I know now smile

13. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 14 years ago

I graduated high school 4 years ago

14. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I graduated high school in 1999...I'd go back if it was convenient. BUt it hasn't been.

15. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 14 years ago

Class of 1978; I wouldn't go back but I had a really great time being a teenager.

16. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I graduated in 1998-but u can't tell my age from that date,because I graduated early
    To answer the other question-i graduated early because I hated high school-i would not willingly go back to re-experience that sort of hell again

17. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Longer then 10 under 30 smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey did we go to high school together smile

18. _cheryl_ profile image83
    _cheryl_posted 14 years ago

Interesting question....I was class of 1996. I'd pass on going back, I'm enjoying where I'm at in my life so much right now it wouldn't compare! smile

19. sxyshiningsmile profile image57
    sxyshiningsmileposted 14 years ago

for 4 years. i think the days in high schools are certain to be my precious memory.

20. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i have been out of school for 9 years and no i wouldnt go back

21. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

15 years this May

22. ChristinaScibona profile image71

Isn't it funny that when we were in high school it seemed like the most improtant time in our life and yet if we are asked if we would go back...most of us said NO!

23. jamexican profile image61
    jamexicanposted 14 years ago

well i gratduated in 2008 and its 2010 so 2yrs...it seems longer i guess...but idk so 2 yrs for me

24. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

I think I have everyone beat so far, 44 years, and yes, I'd go back in a heartbeat.  One of the best times of my life!

25. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 14 years ago

Class of 1978 so 32 years.

26. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

let me put it this way...

do you see my avitar pic?

That was my grad photo

27. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

25 years isn't enough to make me want to go back, ever!!  lol 
    I didn't even go to the reunions, I hated high school!  mad

28. cally2 profile image59
    cally2posted 14 years ago

About 10 years ago I was invited to the 450th anniversary of my school. I feel like I was a foundation student. I declined the invite (actually I threw it straight in the bin). No I wouldn't go back my education has been so much more enlightening since I left.

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

450th??  fer real?  gosh, sorry, but...man You are Old!!   lollol

29. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 14 years ago

21 years - Class of 1989. I went to a reunion two years ago but didn't really like it much. Mostly the girls all looked the same and the boys, who were very baby faced looking at school, were quite different.  I would NOT want to go back to school - I couldn't think of anything worse.  Not that I had a bad experience or anything, but life moves on and goes forward.

30. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Class of 1981

31. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Ha! I'm winning so far. Class of '60. I liked high school-- college was even better.
    (P.S. When does middle age start?)

(sshhh we don't like them words lol)

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What words? "I'm winning"?

lol

(no silly, m a - you're not going to get ME to say it!!  LOL)

The truth is, no one knows when middle age comes-- because we don't know how long we will live. I don't think I'm there yet, but I might have just skipped right over it without noticing.

smile more power to ya!  smile

hope I can say the same....but doubting it!  lol

I was reading about your quest to quit smoking-- that should help a lot. Hope it's going well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)