jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Is this a scam or is it awesome?

1. Falsor Wing profile image86
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

I received an email via hubpages from someone called tara offering me work. Its for positivesingles.com they want me to help promote it. does anyone know anything about this?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image78
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It might not be a scam. I just checked the website and it seems alright. The email address they provided for you to get back was an official one? Was it something like promotion@positivesingles.com or a hotmail ID?

2. goldenpath profile image80
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Positively nothing! ...... small joke....

1. 0
      woolman60posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sound like you won the lottery in New Zealand. If its to good to be true then it isn't.

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Comb your hair.

1. Falsor Wing profile image86
      Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow, I actually don't know what to say to that. Is there anyone who can be more helpful? Am I missing something?

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Are they asking for money? If not, what have you got to lose?

5. sxyshiningsmile profile image59
    sxyshiningsmileposted 6 years ago

you'd better not make response to them. maybe they are cheating you.

6. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

You really have not left enough details where I could begin to get a feeling if it's for real or a possible scam.

I know there are plenty of web sites who pay others to do promotions on their behalf. Often this work is SEO related or for PPC ad management.

I would contact them and feel them out for more details before deciding something is a scam when it very well could be legitimate.

Just be very cautious! If they ask for money or any personal details like your bank account number then you have a good reason to run away. If they are offering YOU work there is no good reason they should be asking you for money. If they do it's probably a scam most likely.

Give it a fair chance and see where it leads. Good luck, I do hope it is a legitimate offer. smile

7. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

If it's work you want and need and not a scam, do it. then comb your hair and square that chin up some. You look like a sissy kid. :p

8. ruanz3 profile image77
    ruanz3posted 6 years ago

Everything outside HP is a scam wink