jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Rating Hubs UP

1. Mekenzie profile image94
    Mekenzieposted 7 years ago

Question?  Do you always remember to Rate a Hub Up if you feel it deserves it?  Oftentimes I read other hubbers and will comment .. but find I forget to rate.  UGH!  Wondering if the RATE could be put in a more prominant place.  What do you think?

1. vox vocis profile image91
      vox vocisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I always rate up a hub that I consider valuable. If it is of great interest to me, then I bookmark it and come back again!

2. Kerkedijk profile image60
      Kerkedijkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, because I am new here, I think it is important to rate what is read as it encourages or gives feedback to those of us who are not sure if anyone is out there yet and gives a sense of well being to begin with anyhow. I have read some wonderful stuff here, it is a great arena for sharing. I have been rating everything I enjoyed upwards of course and I guess that is the whole idea of having exposure to others, to be rated and become part of this family here.

Mekenzieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you are correct of course and I am SO glad you remember to do it.  :0)  Welcome to the HUBS!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I will usually read the Hub, rate and leave a comment if it's not a identical comment. Otherwise, I just rate up. smile

Dame, thanks I want to do that too...  I just wonder if the RATE were in a better place if it would help me remember.  I can't be the only one that forgets .. at least that's what I keep thinking... LOL

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hi Mekenzie, smile post to the Suggestion New Feature forum for a better placement of the Rate button. big_smile or send a email to our wonderful HP team. I don't think you are alone in forgetting, don't fret. smile

4. lovelypaper profile image70
    lovelypaperposted 7 years ago

I agree. I'm ashamed to say sometimes I forget to rate a hub but I leave a comment. However, I never forget to rate when I'm Hub Hopping. It must be the format.

Thanks for confirming lovelypaper.  Dame, I will post write our HP team for their consideration.  Good idea.  Thanks so much!

5. William R. Wilson profile image61
    William R. Wilsonposted 7 years ago

How much of an effect does the up rating have on hubscore?

William, I'd like to know that too.  Can someone please reply?  By the way I don't know how to get a message to the HP team... LOL

6. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I always rate them up, it has become part of reading a hub, sometimes I don't, but most of the time I do unless it doesn't hold my attention.

7. PackSecure profile image61
    PackSecureposted 7 years ago

If I find the Hub interesting, I rate it up.

8. Obscure Divine profile image61
    Obscure Divineposted 7 years ago

I really don't think that rating up or down impacts anything, other than a false sense of community contribution.  For example, Google and any other SE's algorithm is obviously oblivious to your Hubscore and/or Author Score, etc.  Besides, Hub Scores/Author Scores are not even noteworthy, as some of the worst crap I've seen on here...has come from high-scored Hub Members.  Seriously, though...  LOL!

I have to agree with you about the hubscores of some high rating authors.  I have read some hubbers articles that do not flow easily and are filled with grammatical and spelling errors ... yet they have a 95 hubscore.  It does make me wonder too.

working