jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Reciprocal Links on Hubs

1. easyspeak profile image80
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

When you're linking hubs to each other, does it reduce your rank to do reciprocal links?

2. Superman05 profile image61
    Superman05posted 6 years ago

That's a complicated topic. Links to related content (i.e. you write a hub on cat toys and you have a reciprocal link with a hub discussing cat beds) could improve your position in the search engine results (SERPs). Links to quality related content is usually always helpful.

It's even better if the reciprocally linked page ranks high in a related keyword term. Reciprocally linking unrelated hubs or hubs that are not ranking well for competitive keywords may not be helpful. I would never say it's outright harmful unless you are linking a hub that is highly ranked in the SERPs with a hub that isn't related at all. In this case, you would probably lose more "link juice" than you would gain for the link.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

Although interlinking hubs is technically reciprocal linking it is not treated the same way as reciprocal links between different sites. If it was the main site navigation on every site would be seen as reciprocal and devalued. For example the index page of most every website is generally the most powerful and the easiest to get rankings for. This isn’t because search engines like Index pages over all others but because this is normally the most linked to page from within the site and therefore has an advantage over every other page.

Interlinking related hubs can only improve search engine rankings.

1. Superman05 profile image61
      Superman05posted 6 years ago in reply to this

True, Peter. An index page is likely to have more "link juice" because spiders are likely to be visiting it more often.

4. easyspeak profile image80
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Thanks Peter.

5. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Definately interlink your hubs, it is not only good for PR and SEO, but it also helps you to drive traffic towards a possible sale.

6. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I think creating a series of Hubs on a topic and interlinking them is a smart way to go.