jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Searching for worthwiile hub topic. book reviews?

1. Falsor Wing profile image86
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

I have found that how-to articles especially about SEO and health and wellness seem to be winning hubs monitarily. Does anyone know if there's any money in book and/or movie reviews?

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Personally I think the subjects you have mentioned are two competitive.

I wish book and movie reviews were profitable, I ahve never had much luck with them though, I think it is again to do with the fact that there is just so much competiiton in this sector.

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I am guessing it would depend on how you choose to review the book.  I am currently reading a book that has many characters and was getting confused as to who there characters were, so I looked it up online.  The only source available was Spark Notes, and you had to pay to see much of anything.  I found it very unuseful, and have been considering writing some of my own reviews with a bit of detailed information, such as first and last names of characters, along with their initial description.

BTW:  What are Spark Notes?

3. AllanWrites profile image59
    AllanWritesposted 6 years ago

@ Ivorwen

Sparknotes are like summary "cheatsheets" tailored for students who are reading books that are (on certain levels) hard to comprehend, especially classics

and @ Falsor

Make sure it's a popular book, or you won't be getting any traffic. Make your title match the exact search phrase you'd expect someone to use when looking for a review on that book.