jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Adding books to Amazon box on Hubpage

1. PZ Miller profile image60
    PZ Millerposted 8 years ago

I have gotten my Associates ID number and added it to my account page.  But nothing I do enables me to get a book from Amazon with its ASN number onto my Hubpage.  I've tried every combination I can think of to get this to work, but nothing helps.  What should I be doing?

2. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

Click the "edit" tab on amazon capsule and provide the ASN no and click the preview Amazon results. If this doesn't work type the name of book in keyword search box and click the "preview Amazon results" tab and save the capsule. But you must activate Amazon A/C on "Affiliate Setting " page. Hope this helps you.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Do you have the capsule set for "keywords" or for "ASIN?"  Using ASINs won't work unless you set the capsule for that method.

4. PZ Miller profile image60

Actually, I didn't know to be careful that I have ASN number as the tab when putting in an ASN number.  But my problem is more basic.

I've put in the Amazon Associate number on my account.  I go to the Amazon box and type in the book Mindset (by Carol Dweck) and get the Amazon page with the ASN number.

First, I may not be picking up the right string -- I'm assuming the ASN number is just between the two slashes.

Then I paste it in the ASN box and -- then what?

5. PZ Miller profile image60

I did it!

I re-read both answers to my question -- thanks so much -- and realized what I was doing wrong.  I was assuming I hadn't done it correctly, so I never thought to click on Save.  Now I see that I have to click on Save to see that I did it correctly.

Thanks to both of you -- I really appreciate it.