jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Web presence, your opinions solicited

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

Let's say I have over 20 hubs, with two or three related groups within those.

It is better to create more hubs, or aggressively market, revise, and backlink the ones I have?

Is now the time to start building Internet presence in those group areas, or should I wait till I find a niche that seems to be paying out well here on HP? I could use blogs and other content sites to build a reputation or spread out horizontally. I just don't know if I should start now, or wait.

Presuming I find a good long tail keyword that works for me
    (even a little), do I work the heck out of  it here on HP, or start branching out immediately?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd wait, and keep writing new Hubs on different subjects - until you hit on something that works.   Usually what works will surprise you!

Mind you, personally I just ended up choosing a subject I love - because the problem with the internet is that you have to be able to write a LOT of material on that one topic.  If you choose a niche based purely on its money-making potential, it can get deadly plugging away at it.

1. Jule Romans profile image88
        Jule Romansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good point! *going to read your other post now*

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Jule Romans smile I'd say, if you feel ready to tackle marketing your HP site, go for it. Set yourself a pace and schedule for different activities so not to tire. We still have a life offline too. big_smile

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I agree that the focus should be on marketing rather than adding more hubs. It is time-consuming, and the more hubs the longer it will take to get them all properly indexed. Also, people from outside HubPages do not usually see all of your hubs as a whole, rather they come across them one at a time through search engines; therefore adding more hubs will not necessarily help. And hubbers don't much contribute to your end goal regardless of how many hubs you have.

How to create fancy links: Highlight the words you want to have hyperlinked, then use the hyperlink button inside the text capsule / edit profile page module. Paste in the URL you want linked, save the changes, and you are done.

4. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

big_smile Thanks! And, thanks for reading my profile, too.  I think I will start working on branching out, then. I appreciate the help and advice.