jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

British General Election... who are you voting?

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

If you are a British citizen, based in the country, of course...

I am considering not voting at all, I can't find much difference between them all. It saddens me a little to say it, but the Conservatives are probably - for the first time in my lifetime - the best for the country at the moment. I'm still not going to vote for them though.

Anybody going to vote? Care to share your party of choice, and any thoughts as to why? Since no poltician seems to dare to enter my area and try to win my vote, I will ask the common man instead...

1. alternate poet profile image75
      alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always vote Liberal to support the idea of a third party pushing its way (back) in, I know a few conservative politicians, even have one related to me (by marriage) and would not vote for them if they paid me millions to do so. I am frankly amazed at their openly greedy fascist outlook on life.  Labour lost me when Blair got suckered by Bush into Iraq, killing UK troops for the Yankee dollar.

I may vote for the monster raving loony party, the traditional venue for the "I don't give a f**k" voter who likes to actually vote but register  disapproval.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was going to go Liberal before one particular policy led to me thinking again...

... and that is their open intention to reduce prison capacity by about a third.

Now, whilst I don't want to see 1% of our population in prison like the USA, we are already turning violent and dangerous individuals back onto the streets because our prisons are full. Serious criminals are being released early to make room for the new serious criminals, judges are tearing their hair out.

... That particular part of their manifesto led me to believe that they are in fact insane.

The ONLY reason that I will vote for somebody, possibly just some random independant, is because their will be a BNP candidate standing in my area for the first time. Any vote of mine will at least cancel out one of the neanderthals.

The problem is, I will probably just tick a random box, I can't relate to any of the 3 major parties.

In fact, I may just vote Green Party. They are insane too, but at least my vote won't play its part in anything too catostrophic...

2. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I never vote anyway, it all seems rather pointless, because whoever gets in the door at number 10 effs it up, Gordon Brown gets on me tits and all the rest are fart knockers...it seems alot of the members of parliament all have way more money than economical sense.

2. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 6 years ago

My first ever vote after i turned 18 was Labour because i liked the idea of a young pm in Tony Blair. He took the piss by licking Bushes shoes, so the next time i voted for Lib Dems.

Gues who i'll vote for from now on? The Raving Looney Party. I will vote, and not let my vote go to waste. I'm not sure any of the top 3 parties will do anything positive for our country, our hospitals, schools etc.  Instead they'd rather take matters outside of the country more seriously.

The election this year will see Conservatives win, and lesser people will vote than previous elections, i think.