jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Easiest way to manage pictures on hubpages

1. abunchoftigers profile image60
    abunchoftigersposted 6 years ago

I recently took an amazing, wonderful trip to Costa Rica and want to share it with you all on hubspace. I have a set of pictures (100+), each with its own story that I want to roll out over the next week or so, and I'm wondering what the easiest ethical way to do this is. Should I just create a separate hub for each picture, with its story, and create one "table of contents" hub with thumbnails linking to all of them and a summary of the trip, or should I combine them in one hub, or something else.

Thanks for your all your future help and answers; I wouldn't want to violate the TOS in my first week.

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Firstly welcome to hubpages!
    This sounds like a nice dilemma to have! I think you could group them by individual location and make hubs using quite a few pictures for each hub. If you have photo resizing software I would reduce the size a bit, but tick where it says "Show full size" in the photo capsules.
    I am no expert, but I would get as much mileage out of your original photography as possible. smile

1. abunchoftigers profile image60
      abunchoftigersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice!

Do you mind if I ask you one more question, after this current one?

Self-promoting forum posts are banned, does this mean that I can't make a post, say in the travel forum, telling people that pictures of my trip are posted, or does that rule only apply to forum posts that have links to irrelevant hubs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, you can't make a post in our travel forum with a link to your Hub.

You could post links to one or two of your Hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover thread, to get some feedback before you do more. 

Write good Hubs and they'll get noticed in time!   You should be aiming for at least 400 words per Hub as Google likes to see text - so that may give you an idea of how many photos you could fit in each Hub.  Five or six photos per Hub is a good amount - long enough to trigger a gallery but not long enough to get boring.