jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Question about tags

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I have a question about the tags I put on my hubs- I'm not sure if what I am doing is good or detrimental to my hubs.
    I always put my name and my nickname as one of the tags for the hub, I figure if someone wants to find me on the net this makes it easier for them.
    Is this is a good or bad thing to do or it does'nt matter?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If they have nothing to do with the actual content of your Hub, you gain nothing from them.

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

But they won't hurt, right?
      The reason I ask is because my nickname with all my internet posts rank high on google, and I don't want it to be a negative.

1. darkside profile image84
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If they have nothing to do with the content then it can hurt.

Either by a search engine going "Hey, that's a lie!" or HubPages itself has rules about hubs being deceptively tagged.

Though I doubt that a nice Hubber like you would be going that far over the line smile

3. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the nice comment Darkside-
    an interesting thing happened- I edited all my hubs yesterday, and took out my nickname "theartistchick", off of all of them and voila- trafiic increased and so did my tracker earnings, I think having my nickname as a tag was affecting me negatively. I did leave my name as a tag though since all the stories have personal reference to me, so I fugure that is a legitimate tag to have on my hubs, but not my nickname.

4. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

I'd say if you are trying to promote yourself too as a writer or an expert or authority on a subject then sure it could help, in fact it has helped with my demon drawing hub pages, they are my best trafficked hubs so far with my name as a tag, but then I have been promoting demon drawings for nearly two years now on my other blogs and with cafepress, so on with the show!

In fact I am going to update my best hubs so that they will bring in more traffic.