jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Question about yousaytoo

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

When I try to link a hub to yousaytoo, what do I paste into the RSS feed box??

1. gramarye profile image61
      gramaryeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, haven't used that yet, but I can see you are busy with your backlinking. I look forward to a hub on your experiences!

2. Dao Hoa profile image61
      Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are doing great in your number of hubs Habee! Good work.

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I read hubs about this and wrote down the instructions. The first thing they say to do it click "posts" on my sidebar. I don't have that option!

3. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

What are you trying to link, a blog or a hub?

YST needs the RSS feed of the blog or the website that you are linking there. Go to your profile page, just below your pic you will find a couple of links. One of them is - 'Subscribe to Habee's RSS feed'. That will give you the RSS URL.

4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I did that, Sidd, but YST says it doesn't recognize it.

1. SiddSingh profile image59
      SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm. I will check and see.

2. skyfire profile image71
      skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yousaytoo requires you to place their code on your blog. So that is the reason it says "not recognized" as of now cause it can't find that code when you submit your hub URL.

One thing you can do is use hubpages profile RSS feed to post on your blog whenever there is an update to your hubpage RSS. You can do this with help of plugins in wordpress & blogger.Once you add code(one that is given during adding a blog to yousaytoo) to your blog and set hubpages feed as post to your blog. You'll see two places getting updates when you publish your hub. 1st place is your blog and second yousaytoo.

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, Dao! But backlinking is a pain in the...butt.

6. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

OK. I checked.

I think that it is not possible to link your Hubpages profile to YST ( not 100% sure though). What you can do is you can start a blog on YST, and write a small post and then link back to your HP writing. At least this is what some other hubbers on YST seem to be doing.

If you want to add an external blog, I think it has to be on platforms like Blogger, wordpress etc.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I'll try that.

7. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Hi Habee, I just have a group of blogger blogs, and when I publish a hub I add it to the relevant blog as a short post.  The blogs are all linked in to YouSayToo, so automatically update when I add new content to the blog.  I also use Twitterfeed, as this automatically sends any new blog posts to Twitter and Facebook.

working