jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Has anyone else ended up with an expletive-drawing hub?

1. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 6 years ago

One of my hubs about a horror movie character draws a lot of nasty comments. It seems the comments are from kids who surf on by and drop a few words down. The comments aren't very errrr mature-sounding (which is why I think it's kids stopping by and posting), but I have to delete entire comments most of the time.

Cusswords galore, so it's no use trying to save the comments. The comments don't say the hub is bad. They seem to be a sort of 'macho/tough' talk but, again, so many swear words that I have to get rid of 'em!

I don't think I can/should change the content and I'm reasonably pleased with the hubscore, visitors and OTHER comments, however, maybe I should.

Does anyone else have this happening repeatedly on the same hubs all the time?

If so, did you change some of your content or find other ways to prevent this sort of response?

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

that sucks myth...and no thankfully that hasn't happened to me. I'll have to read this hub and see what is going on and y kids are leaving their rude comments behind.

mythbusterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Crazdwriter.

I can tell, from some messaging elsewhere, that you're been over to some of my hubs already - but I'm sure you'll find no drastic difference in writing style or language (on my part) from from hub to hub... so I'm puzzled as to why one or two hubs receive so many delete-worthy comments.

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

who knows...but hey it's a good thing you get comments though means ppl are actually reading your hubs big_smile

3. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

It hasn't happened to me YET, though I'm not sure it won't with the hub I just published.

I can say that I really doubt I'd change anything if/when that does happen.  Denying a comment is no big deal for me, and even if it stays on a little while (until I get back online), cusswords shouldn't mess up my writing's relationship with other viewers.

Though it might offend some, so I guess it  might not always be  an easy call....

Yeah, Ghost32,

I've read and greatly enjoyed quite a few of your previous hubs. Your last two hubs, I'm still thinking about...

Your account of escaping the GEM... wow. Glad you got away!

4. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

I see these kind of rude comments on YouTube videos, and I don't know why they are allowed there either. It doesn't make sense, Google owns youtube, so why would they allow their "uploaders" to allow those comments. I believe in freedom of speech, but when a site is open to minors it doesn't make sense.

I know what you mean, Faybe Bay! Almost every video nowadays has very bad posts under it. Not just a few cusswords, either - full racial attacks between people posting and stuff like that. I don't know why that's such a problem over at You Tube, either but it's very distracting and it's awful.

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yea always spam the ones I read that are rude over there at YouTube...it's annonymous and the pathetic comments disappear big_smile

I just read it myth, don't change a thing! big_smile

5. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I like dumb comments on my hubs.  Fodder for more fun.

6. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I get many threatening comments on my autoblogging hub. Many autoblog celebs posted their wise comments that copying content from other sites is ethical and i should think before writing hub. (Though nowhere i mentioned about RSS feed-based autoblogs but still autoblog celebs took offense cause they care for money and not for content-stealing from others LOL).