jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

Facebook can cost you a job?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image81
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

apparently if you own a facebook account, there's some warnings about it you all should know if your also unemployed like me at the moment. click on this link to find out more about yahoo had to say

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/ar … k-mistakes

1. Dao Hoa profile image60
      Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link. Most of them are common sense. I guess common sense was lost in global connection!

2. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oops! Way too late for me! I think I did every single thing that article said not to do.  But I hope you find something soon Stevie.
      Good Luck to you.

2. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

i keep all my stuff private so nobody but my friends can see what goes on ... i think it helps .. thanks for the link steven

3. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

I heard about all of this on the radio. That is what Pani was talking about when she closed her hubpages account. What you say here can affect the real world, she thought, so maybe it wasn't here but her Facebook that was the culprit.

4. Stevennix2001 profile image81

yeah, it makes me think that maybe i should just delete and unpublish my unemployment logs as they talk about my life.  that might be the reason why i havent gotten another job yet.  which is rather sad as those were some of my best stuff.

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you should try getting a freelance writing job. Look at Sufidreamer, and GlassSpider. I mean it wouldn't hurt to try.

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah, that's true. however where to start though would be the question.  hmm

eta:  well nevermind. i think i have an idea where to start.  hopefully it works out.

2. 0
      pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

never delete anything you worked so hard on ... stand up for it. if an employer is gonna judge you based on what you do online they are fools ... they should look at what they themselves do online ... i had a boss that checked online stats of employees but they themselves were way worse than anything i did online.

yeah, that's true, but i may not have much of a choice since not all employers are so reasonable. perhaps king larry wouldn't mind owning up to publishing those hubs for me since he's not a real person anyway.  lol. what do you think? wink

That's a good idea. I have something I can e-mail you I think, if I can find it. It's about making money, but it's free, just don't buy anything. They will keep trying to talk you into it, but trust me, it is free, at least the only part you need is.

2. 0
          pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

there ya go hun

5. PackSecure profile image60
    PackSecureposted 6 years ago

I heard that about facebook awhile ago.  Employers will search not only facebook to get information about you. The will Google you, twitter you, facebook you and so on.

That Google Toilet spoof is not so far from the truth.

sad

1. PackSecure profile image60
      PackSecureposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The will Google you, twitter you, facebook you and so on.

Should read:  They wil ....

1. PackSecure profile image60
        PackSecureposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OMG lol that is what I get for posting at 3:23 am.

Should read:  They will ...

6. Stevennix2001 profile image81

well that settles it.  king larry is definitely publishing the unemployment logs for me in my name.  lol.

@friendlyworld

thanks. i appreciate that man.  hows it going? haven't seen you in ages.

@faybe

thanks faybe. i appreciate that. hopefully, i'll find something soon.

You might have it twice, LOL. I accidently shut down, and forgot to sign in before I sent the mail, so I signed in and sent again, as I don't know if it went through the first time. lol I need sleep. Good night.

okay, thanks for the tip again faybe. you have a great night as well.  smile

7. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Don't get me wrong but never mix your accounts with official connections. (Maintain separate accounts for family and official contacts). Mixing two sides creates a lot of issues.If you want to speak your mind(cry,rant,talk personal) on twitter/facebook status then create username which is not related to your life in anyway.Sounds like sockpuppet ? Yeah, better than losing a job.

good point. i think i just realized what my alter ego can do other than rants now.  thanks for the tip!

working