jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Need a jump to first unread post feature

1. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Please hubpages - I can't keep track of the Christians v. Mark thread because they are now on page 38 - seriously I go to hubtivity to find the latest post (its usually only been 30 min or so) that's quicker than 10+ clicks to jump to page 36 !

Either that or stop Mark debating religion - lets face it's easier just to change the forum software!

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

In the "Last Post" column you'll see either how many minutes or hours or days ago the last post was made. It'll be hyperlinked. Click on that and you'll go to the most recent posts.

I do believe it'll take you to the very last post. Some forum software takes you to the first unread post. But punBB doesn't.

4. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

The problem with that particular thread is that the last post may be the tenth unread one when I get up each morning!

First unread would be good, but would require storing the data about which ones each of us has read. I have a suspicion that all the threads I don't want to read flashing at me "you haven't read me" may be more irritating than scrolling back through a page or two to find the last unread post.

Lissie, what I do is click the post (right column) rather than the thread (left column). That takes me to the last post in the thread. If I don't recognise the post before it, I go back one page and check the top post on the page before, and just keep doing that until I find the last one I read.