jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

New User Account in Hubpages

1. Super Chef profile image65
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

If I created a new user name in hubpages could I transfer some of my existing hubs into the new account or would they be tagged for duplicate content?

1. Hub Llama profile image79
      Hub Llamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Copy to other offline location.

Delete hub.

Wait until hub actually is deleted (there is a lag which is why I am laying this out although others have given the same type of advice).

Then, write new hub with same info.

However, consider whether or not you wouldn't be better off just starting fresh and linking back to your old hubs from your new hub account. No loss of authority / age.

2. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

Anything that appears in another location on the web (including HP) is considered duplicate content.

If, however, you copy and paste one of your own hubs and then delete that original hub and create a new one, then only one instance of the content will exist and no duplicate content warning should appear.

Although, I'm really not sure if this is a good idea as the older a page is, the better you'll rank in search engines which will make it more likely for your web traffic to increase. (I'm assuming that's your goal? big_smile

Personally, I'd just use your already published hubs to link to the new ones in your new account.

1. Super Chef profile image65
      Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks seems like good advice much appreciated .

3. GarfieldGates profile image85
    GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago

You can email HubPages support to have this done.

I recently did it.  All you have to do is email them with the username the hubs are under now, and the username you want to move them to.

1. earnestshub profile image86
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I did not know that. I cut and pasted a group of 30 vacation hubs to a different place myself. It took a while. smile
      I also deleted the old hubs.

4. Super Chef profile image65
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

Thanks ever so much for this info will save me a lot of hassle

5. DonnaWallace profile image90
    DonnaWallaceposted 6 years ago

This topic was very helpful. Thank you from another newbie!

6. easyspeak profile image80
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Wow, I bet this is a headache for them to do this manually.

7. jssattain profile image51
    jssattainposted 6 years ago

nice topic keep it up