jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

My web browsing is blocked by www.google-analytics.com?

1. asalvani profile image72
    asalvaniposted 6 years ago

I noticed recently that many people and me included have problems with viewing certain web pages or entire websites. what happens is that you ask for the search and it stops saying in the lower bar
    Waiting for www.google-analytics.com....
    and what actually happens is that the page goes white and never actually opens. I googled this and I realized that there are many users with the same problem using Firefox and Chrome...
    I have downloaded different browsers and have the same problem with all of them...

anyone knows the answer to this? It started happening(but I'm not exactly sure) since i uploaded the last version of Firefox, the one that i prefer using for any searches.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I have the same problem on a couple of sites. The only solution I have been able to come up with is to periodically block the Google analytics URL in my host file. If anyone has a better solution I would appreciate if you would share.

3. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

This isn't a browser issue so any browser would have this "problem".

Blocking analytics is one way. Another is to have your browser set to put pages up even if all scripts haven't finished loading.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image86
      Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have looked for this option on firefox but can’t find it, do you know where it is?

1. The10DollarMark profile image61
        The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't use FF anymore since 3.3 so no. Why not contact Lifehacker with this question? They do lots of FF manipulations.

4. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

I thought I was having this problem because I have dial-up, but seeing others having the same issue says there is more to it.

I don't know the answer to the problem, but one thing I do is "Stop" the page loading, hit refresh/reload and (why this works for me I have no clue) I hold down the "enter Key" and constantly click on the left mouse key and the page usually load.

1. asalvani profile image72
      asalvaniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I still got this problem and I don't know how to resolve it. Whenever I search i get some pages that are not the ones that I searched for. For instance if I search hubpages, it gives me something completely different, then i go back and reload the same page to get the one that i look for. It's insane.

5. Appletreedeals profile image84
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

I have found that just hitting the "refresh" button, (on Firefox it's the circular arrow), gets the page to load.

ps. I have a similar issue with HP - "transferring data from pixel.quantserve.com",  page loads and works - but never completes loading from quantserve

1. Edweirdo profile image95
      Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Last week HubPages was virtually unusable on my PC because of the Quantserve delays mad

I found these instructions for solving the Quantserve problem by blocking it in you "hosts" file:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-gu … .26821991/

Just be careful to follow the instructions! Messing up your "hosts" file can screw up your ability to connect to the Internet tongue

6. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Ive experienced the analytics script causing big delays in load time also.

Not that it always works - but when this happens it usually is a good time to clear out your temp files, cookies, cache etc.