jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Have the lunatics taken over the asylum?

1. profile image0
    selrachposted 7 years ago

I think my head is about to explode.I don,t participate much in the forums,but do like to read them. Anyone who has read my profile or hubs know that I started hubbing to help with recovery.The amount of fighting and accusations that are flying about on hubpages have nearly got me reaching for my medication.I thought this would be a nice peaceful place,but its turning out to be like a real life soap opera.

1. Obscure Divine profile image60
      Obscure Divineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you have the free time for cyber-space, and take part in the madness that you speak about, you could always look at forum drama as cheap entertainment; nothing more.  big_smile

1. profile image0
        selrachposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I find cyber fighting very good entertainment and as you say it is all free

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really? What do you mean? I haven't seen any fighting.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image79
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

LOL...I can see your point, although I suppose it comes down to how much you (and other people) let the forums or any internet community into "real life." Sometimes I am saddened by how seriously some people take the forums...because, well, it's just the forums. I mean...I've had lots of support and help from people here - don't get me wrong - but at the same time, when I turn my computer off...I'm separate from it. I don't really know how to say it. I love my HP buddies, and I love time spend here (usually), but I just can't imagine letting the forum drama get so thick and real that it would really screw me up. Then again, I've never had the "pleasure" of anyone really taking the time to attack or bait me or any of that mess. *sigh*

I've been limiting my time in the forums, though...I just have too many other things to do.

3. myownworld profile image83
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

sad

(sorry, I wanted to add something more meaningful, but it seems there's nothing left to stay..)

*just wishing some good 'karma' around......

4. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

Come here little spider…..see the nice fly……..

Okay GlassSpider you have now been Baited…..

How goes the project?

1. TheGlassSpider profile image79
      TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hehehehe...*is transfixed, hypnotized and slowly approaching the fly....*

The project is going very well, as a matter of fact, I'm in the middle of research for today's article smile

I've got the structure of articles worked out, learned how to update their database with the finished articles, and already have the first four in. Wooot! Thanks for asking smile

How goes it with you?

5. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 7 years ago

Only been here a few days.. a few very sensitive people around..

Feel free to pick on me... I'd love the attention.. lol

6. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 7 years ago

LOL!

7. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

Whack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you’ve been Attacked…

Sounds Great, Good luck with it, hope it leads to much more.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image79
      TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yikes My poor, delicate legs! This forum might be a little more dangerous than I originally thought! wink

Thanks! For the moment, I can't take anymore! I'm actually full time (I'm just on lunch now).

1. readytoescape profile image60
        readytoescapeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just wanted to help you attain the full hubpages experience

8. myownworld profile image83
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

I actually can't stop wondering ALL that HP moderators have to go through.... ! I sure hope they're compensated well....must be one hell of job!

9. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I don't think relationships are really possible in cyber space. Maybe that is the frustration. People want to connect but connecting through a keyboard is impossible.

10. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

I think it's possible, although I never pursued it on purpose. I met a person here on hubs that I plan on meeting with in the near future. I'm really looking forward to it and so is he. It's not romantic or anything like that. We've just become friends because we think alike and have an affinity for the same things. I'm kind of surprised by it, and it's a very pleasant surprise smile

11. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

That sounds good Madame X. I usually meet people in bars when I am drunk (not romantic either). Then I forget I met them. Maybe I should try harder with a keyboard.

working