jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Related Hubs, Forums & Questions

1. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

We have related hubs, forums and question columns in the right hand sidebar on every hub that we post. Many times you can see that related hubs are not at all related to the theme of our hubs.I think this damages most of the hubs.

(I know these images are not good example but i'm just giving hint about this,some hubbers can give you better example of mismatched hubs).

Is it possible to have a option to discard/flag some hubs which are not related to our hubs ?

One more thing is that Why we have related Forums and Questions section on hub ?

Is it possible to have a option to remove it if we don't want ? I mean most of us want reader to exit our hub by either clicking relevant hubs or by clicking ads on our hubs or pressing x on tabs. I don't think there is any benefit by allowing readers to go to relevant forums or questions.

So two suggestions:

1.Is it possible to have a option to discard/flag some hubs which are not related to our hubs ?

2.Is it possible to have option to remove related forums/question box in sidebar if we don't want ?

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think Hubpages admin would be very interested in keeping a reader as long on HP as possible, and would give them all sorts of options for that.

1. skyfire profile image75
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As whitney pointed out, this suggestion will not proceed further which is sad. sad anyway moving on..I've a theory here that if we minimize distraction for readers we'll get more clicks on ads or we'll get more internal traffic or else exit. (Answers/forums is not beneficial to us(members) as they're not relevant in many ways and i don't know how it is beneficial to HP )

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When this happens to me, I ask myself why HubPages would pick those Hubs?  I usually find it's related to my tags - I've found it helps to remove tags that are too general or vague (I've been told that helps SEO, too). 

The related forums and questions section is a recent addition and I agree with you - I detest it.  The Questions section is full of dumb questions which I hate seeing associated with my Hub - and the forums often have jokey threads which sound relevant but aren't really.

I'm disappointed no one from the HubPages team has responded to this, either in this thread or the last one.  I'm also not quite sure what the benefit is of having the questions/forums section there, especially as it doesn't work all that well.

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

This has been brought up before with no response from HP team if I can remember correctly.

I remember last year trying to find the similarities on some of the "related hubs" that were featured on my hub, and couldn't find any. At first I thought that the related hubs were by category instead of tags, but that wasn't the case either.

I think the related hubs are better than they used to be, but still not ideal on a lot of hubs.

No we cannot flag hubs that are not related, and no we do not have the ability to remove form and questions. Hubpages has some formula, I assume, that picks those and puts them there. We do not have an option for that.

1. Art 4 Life profile image59
      Art 4 Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

can anyone tell me why my adsense google account wont work...I have tried and tried to sign up but it just doesnt go through....