jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

A Tracker Question.

1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Hi Paul,

Is it ok to use trackers while linking the Hubs. If so, is there any particular advantages in it?

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I asked a similar question and the answer was 'yes'.

The advantages of course is that you could pick up a referral or two.

If your referral is the first one a person visits then a 30 day cookie is put in place so if they sign up at all over the next 30 days you'll get 10% of their pageviews for life.

If per chance someone you have initially referred but hasn't signed up and they click on someone elses referral link they have a 2 hour window in which to sign and get that referral counted as theirs.

The reverse is true. If someone has come to Hubpages say by me, and they end up on one of your pages and at some point they decide "hey I really like what SunSeven is doing here, I thik I'll sign up" then if they've clicked on one of your referral links you have that 2 hour window of opportunity.

2. pplive profile image59
    ppliveposted 9 years ago

The trackers are very helpful.if you add the tracker user to your hub,For example  online forex market If someone once clicked this hubs,the system would known that the traffic is brought by you!If this user clicked on the google
    adsense ads ,you would receive 12% of the total impressions. If the click
    get 1 dollar,then you would get 0.12 dollar,then the hubpages.com would get 0.88 dollar.
    For more informations ,please visit
    How do impressions generate revenue on HubPages? on hubpages faq
    Maybe it is very difficult to understand the HubPages Affiliate Program,but it doesn't mather.you only need to remember add more trackers to you hubs ,the more money you will get .

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Yes, you can put HubPages URL Tracker links in your hubs.

The advantages are twofold (assuming the user hasn't clicked on another tracker in the last 2 hours): 1) after someone clicks on the link you will get a 10% impression share across all of HubPages for that user for the next 2 hours, and 2) if they create a HubPages account in the next 30 days you will get an impression share on every hub that author creates for life.

It's a good way to make some extra money without doing a lot of extra work, especially if you get lucky and sign up a few good authors.