jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Amazon Sale Based Hubs - Picture Question

1. N. Ramius profile image81
    N. Ramiusposted 6 years ago

When creating Amazon or other sales targeted hubs, do you think it a good idea to go and include a picture of every item you sell to try and snag google image traffic? Does google image traffic convert?

1. AllanWrites profile image60
      AllanWritesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not really, most people searching on Google images are just looking to grab a picture for their own site or a presentation or something. They aren't customers - I mean how many times have you thought about buying something and then searched for it on Google IMAGES? (Then clicked through to the website and even read the page itself?) Probably never. The only time I ever look at Google images when I'm buying something is when I am trying to get a more comprehensive visual, but I never click through to a different site and buy from there.

1. The10DollarMark profile image61
        The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Probably Never"

Some people have bought things thanks to google images. I have a now 5 month old brother and my father wanted to get him a playpen (and obviously he can't reuse the one he used for me and my older brother because it's been too long - 20 year difference). So he wanted to get a playpen because he didn't like the one we got from the baby shower. I went to amazon and he hated all of the playpens/playparks. They weren't the same. So I went to google images so he could find a picture of a play pen he did like and it was the only kind of what he wanted that we could find. From that picture, I got to a website.

Of course I didn't buy it right away, I wanted to see if I could find a better deal for it. In the end I did end up buying it from the original google image site because it was the best price.

See, people can end up buying thanks to google images.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've heard Mark Knowles say that Google Images traffic doesn't convert well.

However, I do often include a picture of the item, just so it can be seen more clearly - I think it tempts the customer to buy.  Plus if it looks attractive, it makes the Hub look nice.

2. GarfieldGates profile image85
    GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't worry about putting images in or going for google image traffic.

Your amazon listings contain thumbnail photos - which can actually work to your advantage when they click to enlarge it, they go to the amazon page getting them that much closer to buying.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point Garfield - I hadn't thought of that.  In that case, putting your own image there as well might discourage them.  Food for thought...

3. calicoaster profile image58
    calicoasterposted 6 years ago

hmmm..I don't know about traffic, but if I find some products' image really captivating and enticing, I include them in my hub.

Another reason why I came in this forum is to tell you that I got some orders placed through my amazon capsules..yayeeeeeee!! lol ...They are still in order report, and don't show any revenue. But, I am hoping it to come soon!! big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. 0
      troseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Woohoo!  Congratulations Calicoaster!

I see that some hubbers are using the image of the product they are selling from Amazon as an additional picture in their hub.  It makes it easier to see the product in a larger image and may help in selling the product.

Check out Whitney's latest Past Gift Basket hub.

1. 0
        troseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That was supposed to read "Pasta Gift Basket" hub

2. calicoaster profile image58
        calicoasterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

he he...thanks trose!! smile

4. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I use an image of my product as a sales technque, not for Google image searches.