jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Advice for someone new to Hub Pages

1. jenp123 profile image83
    jenp123posted 6 years ago

I'm new to Hub Pages and just wanted to hear from others about their experience on the site, especially regarding if you actually make money off of it!

I write for Suite101.com, and it seems like they help you out more with SEO because I get more page views there. Any suggestions on improving my SEO?

1. jenp123 profile image83
      jenp123posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, all!

2. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

The best advice I can  give you is to use the search feature.

There are many forum threads and hubs meant to help people with hub specific SEO. If you don't like searching, you can browse the hubpages related hubs. http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages/2848

I'd say use the tip Suite 101 taught you and apply them to hubs. I know they supposedly give you some sort of training when it comes to web content.

I do make money off the site. Not that much but then again I only have 50 hubs across both my accounts, only about 30 of which are really meant to bring me money, and I don't really bother much with seo or promotion. I just do a little bit of keyword research and that's it.

3. Journey * profile image88
    Journey *posted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. I would say keep writing. The more articles you write, the more potential for ads and earnings. It's also important to have topics of interest so that viewers will want to click on the articles. Good luck!

4. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Hey Jenna,

Here's a hubbing walkthrough I can recommend.

And make use of the different types of capsules. For instance, there is a video capsule that lets embed youtube videos in your hub.

5. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

The best advice is to just write creative unique articles.  The money will follow

Good luck

6. marler13 profile image59
    marler13posted 6 years ago

so any suggestions on keeping your hub score high?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubscore is a reflection of how well the Hub is doing. So if you're doing everything right, your Hubscore will go up by itself.  It's not something that's worth worrying about, because it doesn't get you anything.