jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

WIlling to learn from experienced hubbers!

1. Dobson profile image84
    Dobsonposted 6 years ago

I am two weeks into my Hub Pages expereince and loving the opportunity to practice my passion. I would love to have other hubbers with more experience in life, writing and hubbing to look over my efforts and offer ideas for improvement.

Thanks for your time.

Dobson (Joe to friends)

2. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Hey Dobson, I think that you need to choose one of your hubs and ask people to look it over - 30 is too many!

This is the one thread where you can post one of your own links, so go for it.

3. Dobson profile image84
    Dobsonposted 6 years ago

How about this one, it is in the middle of all my hubs rank wise:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-safeguar … man-nature

4. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Some suggestions:

1. The hub is awfully short.  I usually recommend keeping them around 1000 words, but that's just me. 

2. Play with the amazon capsule a little more.  It's nice to list four books in a row, but that doesn't always get peoples attention.  You can have multiple amazon capsules in your page - spread them out to highlight them better.  Also, add a short description on why you personally recommend the book.  It's the difference between someone walking up to you on the street and saying, "Buy this book!", and someone explaining how great the book is.

3. Use pictures.  They add interest.

4. Learn about SEO if you intend on making money from your hubs.

Now, enough with that.. You do have a very good hub here, and the message is both important and powerful.  Keep experimenting.  Remember, the reason we write is to be read.

Keep pluggin' away!  Good luck!