jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Anyone else having a problem with the back button?

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image91
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 9 years ago

I couldn't get the back button to work so I closed the browser and opened a new one. Then I did all the cookie and temp file clearing and what not. Then I came back and it is still not working. I know it isn't the computer because it isn't happening on any other site or program. Anyone else having this problem?

Bonnie

1. trish1048 profile image80
      trish1048posted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Bonnie, I am having the same difficulty.

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image91

Oh, forgot to mention that it is fine in the forums. It happens when I open a hub to read it and try to go back to the hubtivity or hub page.

3. trish1048 profile image80
    trish1048posted 9 years ago

Hmmm, interesting.  This was happening at home.  I am now at work, and not having that issue.

4. trish1048 profile image80
    trish1048posted 9 years ago

Ok, I take that back.  It is happening here.

Patty

5. Bonnie Ramsey profile image91

Thanks, Trish! I am glad it isn't just HP with a grudge on me! LOL

Bonnie

6. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 9 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  When you are on a hub page, open your browser history list and you can see a string of pagead2.googlesyndication URLs. Each time you click the back button, you essentially are going back to each of those URLs.

If you keep clicking the back button, it will take 5 hits (or the number of syndication URLs appearing in your list) before you are back to where you wanted to be.

This situation occurs whether or not you are logged in.

7. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

This is caused by some advertising changes that we are testing.  It only affects Internet Explorer.  We should have it cleared up shortly, sorry for the inconvenience.

8. rmr profile image89
    rmrposted 9 years ago

I'm having the same problem using AOL. I'm probably in the minority there, though.

9. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 9 years ago

Thanks, Paul.  It is all cleared up.  And thanks for keeping us informed.  The forums are a great way to communicate.   smile

working