jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

A question on corrections -- and a mahalo.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

I deleted two hubs today, so I'm guessing my score will come down after 24 hours.  I am wondering if one's score also comes down if we fiddle with corrections after posting a hub.  (I have a new rule for myself:  If I write a hub in the evening, don't post it until I'm wide awake the next morning.(

Thank you to the person on another thread (I'm sorry, I forget the name) who answered a query from someone about Amazon.  You showed the page for learning about hubs, capsules and links.  I need to learn about links and now will go read that.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

A'ight, forget about your hubscore.  In the grand scheme of things, it's only a transparent way to make you feel wanted, loved, and accepted - but in reality, it means precisely diddly-squat. 

Hubscores will go up and down all the time.  It's a law, like Newtons gravity law, or as they say, what goes up, must.. you get the point.

Instead, focus on learning about SEO, and about writing for the reader.  I go back and edit my articles constantly, regardless of hubscore.  I'm here mainly to be read, and then earn a little extra cash from what I write.  To me, that's a lot more important than those silly hubscores.

And sure, my hubscore moves a bit when I edit, but sometimes that's a good thing. 

No worries, keep writing!  Good luck with things!

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well said!   Having a good Hubscore (or Hubber score) does nothing to help you be more successful.  They're just a reflection of the success you've already had.  That's all.  UC gives good advice.

And you certainly shouldn't hesitate to edit.  You'll learn more the longer you're here, so it's inevitable you'll want to tweak and improve.  Just don't unpublish while you edit.

3. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

Hello Pamela.... Instead of deleting hubs, editing them is a much more sensible thing to do. Apart from the url address, you can practically turn your whole hub around by adding capsules/content/tags/better title etc..... anything to perfect it.

I'm glad you found the information on amazon capsules helpful earlier on. Just keep reading
    http://hubpages.com/faq/ for basics.

Regarding hub scores, this will help:

Best of luck... smile