jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Selling Hub

1. 0
    BBManposted 6 years ago

I have just started a second Hubpages account to concentrate on 'selling' rather than being a mixed bag. I have produced two hubs so far. The idea is to have a main World Cup 2010 merchandise hub, and then spin-off merchandise hubs for each of the 32 teams competing. (So far I have one spin-off).

I'll be grateful if you can take a look at the main hub and the spin-off hub (England). Can you let me know:
    1) Is it too commercial?
    2) Does the way I link to the separate England Merchandise Hub work (See the list of teams competing and click on the + next to it).
    3) Should I mingle the ebay ads more.
    4) Is it a good idea to actually provide a link to each team's FIFA page.
    5) Any other advice on improving the format and layout?

Thanks in advance.

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it's great! It has all different stuff from polls to pictures... not a big sports fan but I think it will work great, good luck with the monetizing!

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

It looked a bit too much commercial to me at least but I am no authority on Amazon/EBay hubs so you better wait for more replies before editing it.

1. 0
      BBManposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ultimate Hubber - I've reorganized and hopefully now have the basis of a good informational / commercial hub - I have added information on many temas and created a separate hub for each team - so hopefully it's a lot better! I obviously have to create hubs for all the teams.....let me know if it's an improvement...or if I should just hang up my coat!!!

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

My only suggestion would be to write a little bit more, in a few text modules, and the put two amazon ad units side by side, each selling one product, between each set of text boxes.

That way your product lists are not overwhelming, you can keep them related to each area of text, and in my experience that layout gives a much greater number of sales!

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Nelle Hoxie is the guru of selling Hubs - I suggest you take a look at her Hubs.  I know she's said that she writes at least 800 words and recently she's upped that to 1,500 words because that seems to work better - it's a common misconception that a selling Hub doesn't need a lot of information. 

The alternative is to write a group of Hubs 400 to 500 words long and interlink them - similar effect.