jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are you getting fake Adsense messages?

1. The Indexer profile image79
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

I keep getting emails purporting to come from Google Adsense, asking me to take certain steps in order to keep my account going. As I have already been through the stage of acquiring a PIN and registering it, I assume that I am OK as far as Adsense is concerned.

I note, however, that these messages are not using my correct email address, but a concocted name before the "@". This makes me suspect that these messages are similar to the ones that appear to come from your bank and want you to confirm your account details.

Would I be correct in assuming that there is a potential scam going on here? Have other people had the same messages?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like spam to me. I get them for Paypal all the time.

I'm still waiting for my PIN from AdSense to come smile

2. Shirley Anderson profile image87
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

I've not rec'd anything like this from Adsense, but I do get them from bogus eBay and Paypal addys.  I just delete them or report them.  You may want to sign in to your Adsense account to confirm everything is okay with it, but I'd open a new window, not use a link in the email, of course.

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

You can contact adsense with a copy of the email to let them know.  If it is legit, they will tell you.  If it isn't, they will be alerted to the scam.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

The fact that they aren't actually coming to the proper email tells you right off the bat they are spoofs.

Forward the email to Google AdSense with the headers intact and they'll take action against the spammers.

5. donnaleemason profile image72
    donnaleemasonposted 8 years ago

Haven't had that one yet, but thank you for the heads up Indexer.