jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Update on my surgery

1. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Yesterday I posted about my adventures in breaking my leg and how my test results were preventing me from getting the necessary surgery to fix it. Well, the good news is, my white blood cell count and liver enzyme counts are down so I will be getting the surgery tomorrow as scheduled! And then I should (hopefully) be on the mend and on my way to walking again. Of course, the bad news is that I have to get the surgery in the first place, which I'm very nervous about! But I will be very relieved when it's over with tomorrow and I can start thinking about the many months of healing I have ahead of me. My surgery is 24 hours from now ... gulp.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes, advices, etc. It made me feel a lot better during a difficult time.

1. seanorjohn profile image81
      seanorjohnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am sure everything will be fine Naiomi.Take great care of yourself.

2. 0
    wordscribe41posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the update, Naomi.  Hope tomorrow is smooth and as uneventful as a surgery day can be.  I will be thinking about you, let us know how you are.  Best wishes.

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Good luck with the surgery. 

Remember ice is a good pain reliever and is not really restricted to a few days.  Rule of thumb, as long as you have swelling or pain, use ice.  You can ice on top of a cast too...

4. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Thanks. Right now I'm trying to relax by watching reruns of old sitcoms.

1. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

By this time tomorrow your surgery will be a thing of the past.  smile    Hope all goes well.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Good luck.

Actually, dancers always say "break a leg" when they wish good luck to someone - somewhat inappropriate in the circumstances though...

Seriously, I hope all goes well.

6. Money Glitch profile image88
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

Good news to hear Naomi, best wishes to you! Check back in and let us know you are o.k. whenever you can.  big_smile