jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Devil Magic

1. Falsor Wing profile image86
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

I think I'm definitely getting some Google traffic of my own, not just people who landed on another hub then visited mine. Analytics tells me a handful of people have arrived at my woman's rights hubs after searching for keywords related to the article. I'm pretty sure the article has a PR of zero though so I'm not really sure how this has happened. Any ideas?

1. Edweirdo profile image94
      Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good job after just 3 weeks!

I saw a lot of the same types of results when I started,and it really motivated me towards keeping up with my writing here.

I've hubbed about it a few times - look them up if you care to see someone else's perspective from the same spot where you are today big_smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I'm no expert, but PR isn't everything.   I have blogs which still have a PR of 0 and they get Google traffic, albeit a small amount.

3. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

I agree with Marisa. I have many pages with no page rank and still get ton's of visitors.

I think you will find that if you have a keyword phrase working for you that no one else is targeting, or few are targeting, that you will get preference in the search engine when a visitor searches for that phrase.

So, it has nothing to do with page rank, more to do with the keyword phrase matching a searchers query.

You now know what to do. If you can identify that phrase, elaborate on it or change a few words in that phrase and write another hub focusing on that new keyword phrase. Rinse and repeat they say, in time you will build up good traffic numbers when you piggyback on a working keyword phrase.