jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Duplicate content

1. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I mistakenly posted a great article that had been in eHow.  It was caught as duplicate content.   I quickly deleted the article from eHow.  Then I rewrote the hub using completely different wording.  But none of that has changed the duplicate status.   Is there anything that I can do to get this article back to original content? 

The hubpages message on this states:  If you revise the content so that it is unique to HubPages, your hub will automatically be rechecked for duplication.

1. mailxpress profile image77
      mailxpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can write to Hubpages support.  When I first joined I wasn't sure what to do and posted a duplicate article here at Hubpages.  It was my article but it was a duplicate.  I wrote to them and they reviewed it for me.  Then all was fine.
      mailxpress

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/40926#post951088

SteveoMc
    wrote:

Is there anything that I can do to get this article back to original content? 

Yes you can rewrite this article from scratch to get rid of this warning.

SteveoMcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did rewrite it....but nothing has happened.

3. WordPlay profile image81
    WordPlayposted 6 years ago

This may be due to caching, since you already rewrote the hub. If it doesn't clear up soon, write to HubPages support.

Mailxpress and I were writing virtually the same thing at the same time! Jinx! smile

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Guess I missed this: "Then I rewrote the hub using completely different wording."

Yup, the warning will go away after sometime.

SteveoMcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok thanks

I missed your second reply....LOL

5. Edweirdo profile image94
    Edweirdoposted 6 years ago

Like mailxpress said, contact support - team @ hubpages.com - and explain your situation. They will help you resolve it!

6. cupid51 profile image48
    cupid51posted 6 years ago

I had faced the same problem once and I also rewrote the hub. The duplicate status was there for another two days or so and then it was changed. I think that hubpages don't review it instantly.

working