jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

This will lower my hubscore??

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I just read a hub by darkside that said if we link too many of our hubs to the same domain, it will lower our hubscore. Does this mean I shouldn't use backlinks from sites like Redgage to all my hubs? Or does this mean forward links FROM my hubs??

1. Edweirdo profile image95
      Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is meant as a warning to people who use excessive links in their hubs which link to the same EXTERNAL website.

So, for example, if you're using a non-HP affiliate program (like ClickBank, eg) and a bunch of your hubs use links TO THAT SITE, then your hubs may be flagged.

Links you post outside of HP, like to RadGage or SheToldMe or Xomba, that POINT BACK TO HubPages are fine.

Too many outgoing links from Hubpages to the same sites over and over is bad. Incoming links to Hubpages are good!

2. flread45 profile image82
    flread45posted 6 years ago

It seems to me that every time I add Links to my hubs,the score falls.I was better off leaving well enough alone.

3. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

what is the best way to see what links your hubs point to?

Since you created the hubs and the links within them, wouldn't you already know what sites you're pointing to?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, Ed! Whew!

5. MyWebs profile image85
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

From what I understand more than 2 links to the same domain from within one hub can be penalized. Or from linking in several different hubs to the same domain repeatedly.

Certain major web sites like Google, Yahoo and others are exempt from this rule.

The more incoming links to your hub the better. Incoming links are never anything to worry about.

More than 2 links to the same domain that are purely intended to make you money is bad. Multiple links to the same external monetizing domain across lots of hubs, also bad.

I once wrote a hub about using Redgage, and it had 3 links which included my affiliate referral code for that site. I got a warning about being overly promotional - I reduced it to 2 links and it was fine.

Amongst my 50+ hubs I have several that contain one occurrence of that same RedGage referral link, and that's okay.

But if I had 50 hubs and 40 of them all pointed to one external affiliate,that would be bad.

working