jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

google ad sense

1. 61
    hubster619posted 6 years ago

Hi guys,

I new to all this and have set up hub and google adsense account i was just wondering, as i have google ads on my hub pages, whether they have been automattically placed there by google adsense.
    Also i would like to know how you start earning money from adsense as even though i have set up an account i dont seem to be generating any income?

help would be much appereciated

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your Google AdSense account has not been fully approved yet.  You won't start earning until it is.   It can take as much as a week for Google to review and approve an application.  As long as you follow the instructions carefully in the emails that you get from Google, you shouldn't have any trouble being approved eventually though.

Once you are approved earnings will come slowly, and will increase as your traffic does.   Typical earnings on HubPages are from $2-5 for every thousand hub views.  Do not click on your own ads in an effort to increase your earnings.  Google will ban you quickly for that, and for life.

1. 61
        hubster619posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alot that was helpfull.
        pretty poor earnings though. Do you have any tips that will help increase them? please

2. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Yup, what Paul said..

I'll throw in my .2 cents as well.

First, learn all you can about SEO.  Look it up on Google, search for it through hubpages - there's a million articles on it.  Once you have optimized your pages for Google, you will start seeing a little income.  It won't be much at first, but give it time.

I think it typically takes around six months to see a good income from Hubpages.  I've been here around three months and am starting to see some decent dollars - not hundreds of bucks, but enough to justify my time here.  I have a very specialized niche though, and that does help.

Hope that helps ya out a bit.. I wish you the best of luck!