jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

is there any reason to finish this hub?

1. Falsor Wing profile image86
    Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago

I am about half way done with a "how to clean dog poop off carpets" hub. I just now actually did some research and there are at least over 9,000 nearly identical sites. Normally I would try to change it enough so it had its own angle on the topic but how to clean dog poop is pretty open and shut.

Is it worth the hour or two I'd need to finish it?

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well if you are time poor, probably not. But if you think it will have a decent hub score, and even if you only get 10 hits per day, at least it is still helping your profile score and it's another hub under your belt.

2. Lisa HW profile image81
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you have a good title (that will be searched for) and use the right keywords, if it were me I'd go ahead.  Why waste research?   I don't think you necessarily need a different angle on the "how to" aspect of it, but you may want to add a little something that will make a little more interesting or appealing - like a few words about any dog you've had or a particularly comical (and yet "tasteful" - not crude) anecdote about a particular clean-up challenge you had.    "Unique" really does pay off, provided there's also good information.

Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hmmm that's a great idea, I do like to write stories.

2. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

By the way, I pretty much specialize in cleaning up cat vomit from hardwood floors.  lol   (It seems to be the reason I was put here on Earth over recent months.  mad  )

Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have no sense of smell and my old cat who slept with me had renal failure for several months. Not an awesome combination. It didn't actually bother me but my poor dad would occasionally enter my room and be welcomed by week old cat urine. long story short: new carpets.

working