jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

how does one encourage other hubbers to view and comment.

1. writegabe profile image61
    writegabeposted 6 years ago

l'm new to hubbing and don't seem to be able to attract others to read my hubs and add comments.Another problem l don't know how the earning aspect works, is it by the number of times others go to your hubs? maybe someone would be kind and give me
    a few clues. You probably think l'm thick.
    thanks for your help

1. Sab Oh profile image59
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Begging on the forums seems to be a popular approach

1. Obscure Divine profile image60
        Obscure Divineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The main thing is it's by number of clicks on ads.  There are other factors that you'll see if you have/get a Google account and see how it all works.  That's the main thing you need to know.

The biggest thing you need to do is attract outside traffic to your Hub.  That's where ad clicks come from.  Getting other people to read and rate your stuff (hopefully "up") can take a little time.  Just write, hang out a little in the forums (so people get to know you).  Read other people's Hubs and comment on them. 

The HubPages "help" section has all the basics, and there's all kinds of information on "Hubbing" if you search for specific things (either in the forums or in Hubs).

3. aguasilver profile image88
      aguasilverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why not start by adding a profile avatar (picture) because that helps folk to identify with you or whatever your avatar represents.

Adding some personal profile data would also help, because when I read your profile I can decide easier whether I'm liable to want to read your hubs, and follow you (or not)

Read all the other info to learn about backlinking, Stumbling, SEO and stuff that helps get exposure.

Choose a topic that will almost guarantee that large numbers of folk are searching the term already.

Write stuff that folk want to read.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

You will get visitors to your hubs if you get involved in discussions on the forum. People need to know you exist.

In case you don't know HubPages does not pay you, you sign up for Adsense and Amazon. You earn when people click on your AdSense ads and when someone buys something through your Amazon account.

1. mjane24 profile image60
      mjane24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

okn thanks

3. pooja0908 profile image64
    pooja0908posted 6 years ago

go to contact page of that hubber if you want to show any particular hubber
    or write a thread about that comment

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This isn't good advice.   If you start emailing Hubbers to say "look at me!", you're likely to have the opposite effect!  And starting a thread to promote one of your Hubs is bad manners, too.

As others have said - participate in forum discussions and comment on people's Hubs.  Hubbers will notice you and check out your Hubs.  You can also post a couple of your Hubs in the Extreme Makeover Thread to get some feedback.

But as Lisa said, if you're here to earn, you need to attract outside traffic rather than other Hubbers.  That means writing about things people are searching for on Google.

4. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

cash works for me! smile

5. oscillationatend profile image61
    oscillationatendposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I stand around the forums in a big yellow chicken suit, but that only tends to make people stand rather far away from me. *cluck*