jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Survived my surgery!

1. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

The surgery in my leg went well last night and I am now home in bed. They put a nerve blocker in the leg to cut the pain so right now, it feels "dead" from the knee down, which is kind of weird. I'm gradually getting back some sensation and am gearing up for it to hurt like hell when the blocker wears off, but have pain meds waiting.

Thanks for all of your support during this difficult week.

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Naomi!  I did see your other thread and am sorry I didn't pop in, but here I am now.  Wow, home after one day?  Fantastic news.  I had hip replacement surgery last year and remember how 'weird' it felt to feel nothing down there, then was sooooo grateful to have those meds near by.
      Good speed and God speed!

2. seanorjohn profile image79
      seanorjohnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Brilliant news that the op went well. Try to plan some real treats ahead. Write them down and imagine the pleasure you will experience when you have fully recovered. You can tap into these thoughts when the drugs wear off and  it will lessen the pain.

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I thought it would go well. Good luck when the pain comes! smile

3. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

Yay Naomi, some good news! I imaigine yor going to be in pain, but it must be quite a relief to have that part of it over, now all you've got to do is rest, heal, and hang out at HP!!  smile

4. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Brilliant news Naomi, glad that you are now on the road to recovery.  Hang on in there!

5. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Good to hear that. Was not able to leave a message in your previous thread but I read about what happened to you. Hope you will recover from the surgery real soon.

6. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Glad your surgery is over and that you can heal up now.

7. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

I'm glad everything's over with and all went good.. Just take it easy.  Surgery is never fun, but if it helps, it's worth it.  I wish you the best..

8. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Hey Naomi.  You might try watching a really funny movie to relieve the ensuing pain.  Might I recommend "A Night at the Opera", featuring the Marx Brothers, or almost any of the Marx Brothers movies.

Or you might try kimberlyslyrics teaser hub on fashion nonsense.  There's 5 more to come.  You won't want to miss it.  I promise.

Best of luck with your recovery.

9. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Thanks, everyone!

Next weekend is our 10th anniversary party. The doctor told me I can go so that's my upcoming "treat" that I have to look forward to!

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

happy early anniversary!!

10. Imelleda profile image80
    Imelledaposted 6 years ago

Hope all goes well for you, and Happy Anniversary wink

11. Money Glitch profile image87
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

Glad to here things went well with your surgery. 
    Can we expect to see a hub or two about your ordeal? 
    Get some rest and have a great hopefully, pain-free weekend.big_smile