jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How does my hub score go down after a few nice comments

1. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

I have just had a few nice comments on one poetry hub - but the score seems to have gone down.  Surely unless the commenteers are rating it down it should go up ?   bewidered poet.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

damned if i know. i had a hub that was a featured hub last week and which had a hubscore of 94. now it has a hubscore of 79. i think some no-life-having-never-had-a-100-score loser is rating it down.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Hubscores fluctuate a lot, so I really wouldn't worry about it.  Just keep writing and enjoying HubPages.

3. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

if your hub is not getting enough external traffic, then once the intitial interest/comments you get from HP die down, your score will also get affected. Even though the scores keep fluctuating, it's best to optimize hubs in a way that they contniue getting steady search engine traffic smile

alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for that - but yes, I have hubs that are older elsewhere on here and they are steadily but slowly dropping. This is because I don't do any external stuff yet I expect.  This is a little different in that this is a new hub which has gone up steadily ok - then I got four or five comments in a row and the score was lower after than before.

I noted next time I upped someone elses hub and that went up four points from my 'vote'.  Weird or wot?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's probably just coincidence.  This Hub explains how the score is calculated:

However your score means nothing outside HubPages, so don't stress about it.

Remember that the HubPages community is very small. You'll get a spike of traffic from Hubbers, then when that dies down, you'll have a long lull until the search engines find your Hubs - if they do.  Unfortunately poems don't often do well online.

thanks Marisa - I am not stressed as I have not yet got around to doing the commercial things yet, I am just writing to put things here at the moment.  Just noticed and thought it was weird is all.

4. blackreign2012 profile image70
    blackreign2012posted 6 years ago

That's because poetry is viewed as boring and uninteresting I am trying to change that with my style of writing. I will ressurrect  poetry you guys wait and see lol...

LOL  You are partly right I think - I notice that short simple gooey inside of card stuff seems to do ok-ish, I will have to drop in and look at your exciting stuff if you have any up yet ?

5. DonnaWallace profile image88
    DonnaWallaceposted 6 years ago

This is good information. Thank you for asking about the comments. I have not yet had enough traffic to notice a difference yet, but I have just started.

6. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

One of the biggest factors that influences HubScore is traffic.

If a bunch of people visit, it gets a teeny boost and when that traffic increase stops, the score will then drop.

The more Hubs you have and the more traffic they draw, the more your scores are insulated from large changes.