jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

asking just for sake of asking?

1. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

i was going through answer section and i found few questions which made me wonder that do people ask just for sake of asking or do they seriously seek answers?...if asking question one of way of getting noticed and so people ask even when they know the answers?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When you post anything on HubPages, your name is a link back to your profile. That's of some value in promoting your Hubs, though not as much as a link on another site would be. 

So yes, some people do post questions just for the sake of the link. 

Others post because they think all activities on the site earn money - which isn't true, because you only earn money on your Hubs.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I particularly "love" the ones like, "What's your favorite color?"   roll

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Some of the questions are actually worse then what's your favorite color lol

I have wondered with some of the weird ones on unusual topics might be a niche someone found but couldn't write about with authority. I have researched possible niches because of questions in the Q&A area and when I write a hub as an answer it seems to be able to draw traffic without as much back linking SEO stuff. I have thought that it is kinda cool if people find a topic in demand that they can't meet to ask about it, might get a hub or two written about it, learn more and who knows become educated about it smile

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm - maybe I'll look at questions in a different light now.   smile  (Of course, I'm not sure I'd particularly recognize when something may be a niche or when it's just, "Is my ex coming back to me?"  lol  (There really are a quite a few Magic 8 Ball type questions on there.  lol  )