jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

An EPN Question

1. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Normally I would research things like this myself, but I am a little bit pressed for time at the moment!

I was just wondering if the new EPN quality click compensation scheme is based on sale value Before or After shipping.

I cannot help but notice on my laptop cooler hubs that there are plenty of advertisements for $0.99 laptop cooelrs, which then have $20 shipping attached.

I really hope this is not adversely affecting my earnings, since it might mean I need to reverse my EPN rollout until I find a more profitable eBay niche (especially since a click on an eBay ad = less chance of an amazon sale!)

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

ePn value is based on how much your making for ebay corp, shipping does not get fee kickbacks to ebay- dont see why they would want to subsidize that to affiliates.

My ebay ePc seems to go up with consistency more than with sale amount -

3. thisisoli profile image71

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I notice a lot of eBay sellers playing the game of setting a low sale price and getting their money in the shipping.  My husband buys a lot of CD's and DVD's and he's learned to check the shipping costs first!

I've switched to Amazon for most of my Hubs for that reason - the one-time cookie is annoying, but at least the items are advertised for a sensible price.

5. thisisoli profile image71

I know in the UK (Havent checked US) eBay changed it so the displayed price included shipping on search results.

I guess it's just choosing your niches sensibly with eBay. Plenty of niches on eBay keep shiping costs realistic and product prices high, the problem is te eBay laptop cooler market is flooded with people making up costs on shipping, and chinese duplicates of products which go for next to nothing sad