jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Hub scores dropping below 60.

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I am not on this site as much as I used to be. I was just looking at my account, and several of my hubs have dropped below 60.

I'm not sure, but, wasn't a score below 75 a no follow? I am on a library computer, so I don't have time to look into all the rules.
    I'm just curious. They won't be deleted if they drop further will they? My best hubs are still around 80.

My total hubscore also dropped from a 97 to an 77, and is now back up to 87. I have not made any money at all. At last check I think I had made 90 cents total.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry unless your author/hubber score drops below 75.  And I think individual hubs only need to be 50 or above (or it might even be 40 - not sure).

I don't think that $0.90 for your number of hubs/length of membership is at all unusual.  I've been here for nearly eight months and made about £22 ($33) in Adsense income, and I've got eight times as many hubs as you.  Apparently most people take 8-12 months to reach Adsense payout.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't have many Hubs - I'm pretty sure that affects your Hubber Score.

I wouldn't expect to earn much at all with only 7 Hubs.   If you're here to earn money, you need to write a lot more, and on subjects that people want to read about.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Marisa has summed it up in a perfect nutshell.

3. mjane24 profile image60
      mjane24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Im always wondering about my hub score what does it mean,and my score is 67 an73,and below.what can i do?mj of asia or mjane24

2. cupid51 profile image51
    cupid51posted 6 years ago

I am also new in HP. But I have seen that the hubs are not deleted even the hub score is below 60.
    Answer to your other question is not known to me and I am also curious to know the answers. I am keeping an eye on this thread for the response from experience hubbers.

1. mjane24 profile image60
      mjane24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

I only have a minute, so I cant look it up either, but if I remember correctly, the "no follow" has to do with your Hubber score dropping below 75, not your individual hubs.  I could be wrong though.

My scores fluctuate daily, and I have a number below 75 right now that are either hubs that are personally important to me, but wouldn't really rank on a google scale, or they are seasonal hubs that are currently out of season.  I don't let it worry me.

As for hubber scores, I'll never totally understand those.  Mine went up to a 93 this weekend, then, my hubscores went up, I had some time on my hands so I was able to read more hubs, comment and participate in the forums over the weekend, I got 3 new followers, and my score dropped to an 88.  Who knows.. I try no to worry about it as long as it stays above that magic 75.

4. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

Oops.. Empress beat me to it while I was typing!  Sorry for the duplicate info.!

Hi EF!

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi there!

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

The numbers to watch for are an AuthorScore below 75 or an individual HubScore of 40 or lower.

That's what triggers the nofollow tag being added to outgoing links.

6. susanlang profile image61
    susanlangposted 6 years ago

Thank you relache, it was very kind of you to give us that info. Did I add myself to your followers list yet? smile

7. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 6 years ago

Relache rocks

8. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

Like Marisa says, you need to write much more. Dont worry much about scores for now. Just WRITE, WRITE, WRITE smile good and original content. You will definitely get there. Promise.

9. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Well done as always ladies. You are all wonderful to jump in and help new hubbers like this. Classy! smile

1. LarasMama profile image62
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

From what I've seen, it's trial and error. I've written hubs that I thought would take off and they just get 3 days a day while other hubs I didn't put much effort or thought into get 50 hits a day.
      Anytime you're worried about your score, rechannel the worry into writing another hub. I've just hit 30 hubs and 15 were written in the last 3 weeks. In the last three weeks my views have gone up by 1400%.
      So keep writing and don't worry about the details - it's the writing you need to concentrate on and the rest will sort itself out.